How did this happen - ducer cable cut

I went on a weekend trip to Lake Cumberland. Friday was good, but when I took off Saturday morning, I noticed that my sonar at the helm was not working. Beached the boat and inspected the transducer and found that my cable was cut in two on the transom. Worked fine Friday. The house I stayed at had a private dock, so the boat was left in the water all night. There's not a scratch or anything on the transom, just the cut cable. It's also damaged just above where it's cut in two. The only thing I can think of is something chewed it??? Anyone ever seen this before?

2. Member
    Cuts look pretty clean in part almost like a smaller pair of dykes was used to cut and pull through the cable. That is a shame if someone actually cut it.

3. Member
    I thought it looks chewed.
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If left in water as you said, i'd say either something chewed on it or someone cut it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Whatever happened, it sure pi$$ed me off. Good news is Brian at BBG hooked me up with a GT30/GT15-IH bundle. Something I was wanting to do this winter anyway.

6. Member
    I had something similar happen.... while I was on the water (small 300-400 acre lake), already fishing for a few hours, I was idling along and the sonar stopped. My cable was cut clean and ducer was gone. Not enough cable to reach the prop either.... still to this day have no idea what happened
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

7. Member
    Muskrat maybe

8. Member
    Havent cut one clean off like that but if you get braided line around it somehow it will saw through the outside pretty easy.