Question 2008 Optimax Pro Xs 250 Beeps

l have a 2008 Mercury Pro xs 250 L on my Z520 and I have been having a problem with continuous beeps. Oil container in the boat and under the cover is full. Have already tried bleeding the oil container under motor cover. Also checked the float and sensor. All good. Boat cranks perfect, beeps start sounding with Warning bell and motor symbol showing. Engine idles rough and will not plain off. At first it would alarm and if I shut it off the alarms would go away and all power was there. Now alarm comes on time I crank it and will not go off. Boat has new computer but also done it with old computer at times. In last two years I have had a new compressor and fuel rails changed by dealer. Motor was made in March 2008. Serial number is 1B585440. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Skeet

2. Member
    You need to have the faults read, just like a car, no other way to know exactly what is wrong.

3. Member
    Thanks
    Skeet

You are only about a 2 1/2 hour drive to Don’s shop (European Marine). I know where I would take it...

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    We will be glad to get you in... just give us a call.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Had computer put on boat. Turns out there were three issues. Float in oil tank bad. Air injector on #6 bad. Also needed complete water pump kit. Boat was running at 34%. Should get it back Friday or Monday. Excited to see what she will do. Thanks Don for the invite but didn’t have the time for a 2.5hr drive when I don’t get off until around 5. May stop in sometime when I’m in Greenville. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Skeets Ranger; 10-17-2018 at 07:18 PM.
    Skeet

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor