Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hope it serves you well.

2. Member
    I saw what you were doing immediately Tim. But I didn't see this thread in time to respond before you sort of explained it in your later post.

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Dont settle for the ford on this one.

4. Member
    I concur with most of the other posters, Honda all the way! I love my Fords but no comparison to Honda. I have a Honda generator, a 4stroke Honda boat motor, a Honda Goldwing M/C and have owned a Honda Accord back in the day and all have or are performing flawlessly. You definitely can't go wrong with the Honda and as stated the resale value is much better also than the Ford.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Ended up getting a Kia, dealer is a mile down the roa!!
    You went with a Kia over a Honda over a 100 mile drive???????????????

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    You went with a Kia over a Honda over a 100 mile drive???????????????
    The Kia's of today are not the Kia's of 15 years ago.

7. Member
    We drove a Kia Sportage on Thursday of last week...on Friday, we bought a Honda CR-V.

Wife loves it.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

8. Member
    Just curious. How did this thread get in General Bass Boat instead of The Lounge?

Not harming anything, just seemed a little strange.

9. Banned
    I put a million miles on company cars @ 50k+ miles every year. And I've had over 100 new cars. And I've had I cannot remember the first warranty claim on a Taurus. Only problem with the early models was burning out the brake pads driving mountain roads in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina. They are much more comfortable cars than a Honda Accord with the seats elevated off the floorboards.

I presently have a Honda Civic Si, and it was our second SI. I find the Civics to be durable and trouble free, but it's a log wagon in comparison with my Lexus IS250. I just don't care to drive the vehicle any longer. And I hate that all Honda automobiles eat tires due to the rear suspensions not being very adjustable--wearing out the inside of the tire treads.

I ordered a 2018 Camry Hybrid a year ago, as I was looking for something a little more interesting. It gets 48 mpg @ 75-80 mph and in the low 50's in the city. And it's remarkably quick in city traffic--0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds. And it's so smooth and extremely quiet in normal driving. In 22K miles, it's only had oil changes. Hybrids and electrics are the cars of the future--and they're going to come into pickup trucks the next year or two.

I understand the new Accord models are really nice. I still think my Camry is very comparable and probably superior to Accords due to the 100% new generation hybrid system and completely new engine design in use.

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Hobbie Hut View Post
    I saw what you were doing immediately Tim. But I didn't see this thread in time to respond before you sort of explained it in your later post.
    Thanks for reading the POST!!!
    This is also why I quit posting on most threads other than what Im a mod on because folks are just not paying attention, and I have been called out on post that they never read the anything other than the first post.
    As this thread shows!!!

I traded the Kia for a Hyundai yesterday.

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    SO FOR YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE POST WAS IF YOUR WILLING TO BUY A HONDA NO MATTER THE DISTANCE TO THE DEALER, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED ABOUT A DEALER WITH A OUT BOARD ENGINE IF ITS A HONDA.
    I SEE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT YOU WOULD BUY A HONDA IF THE DEALER WAS CLOSER.

YET FOR ANYTHING ELSE, ITS A HONDA!!!!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 10-17-2018 at 10:56 AM.

12. Member
    Knew it was a ruse, Accords are mainstream and you're anti-mainstream.

13. Member
    You sure grouped everyone into the “willing to drive to buy an Accord” group.

That being said, I figured it out early on. Sometimes it’s easier to just nod. I’m not always fishing at home, or near it. I. Have a Honda engine right now that needs new seals. Most around me won’t work on small engines (mowers) they didn’t sell. That isn’t true with a car dealership!

Secondary, when I worked with dealers years ago getting boats propped right (people chasing bass are SUPER PICKY) can be a challenge. Maybe that’s better today?

I dont think anyone doubts a Honda outboard is great! It’s mechanical, built by man, so it’s prone to failure. FWIW my 2017 Ridgeline spent plenty of time at the shop getting warranty repairs. They aren’t perfect.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    SO FOR YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION, THE POST WAS IF YOUR WILLING TO BUY A HONDA NO MATTER THE DISTANCE TO THE DEALER, WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERNED ABOUT A DEALER WITH A OUT BOARD ENGINE IF ITS A HONDA.
    I SEE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT YOU WOULD BUY A HONDA IF THE DEALER WAS CLOSER.

YET FOR ANYTHING ELSE, ITS A HONDA!!!!!
    For me anyways, and boat engine and car are two completely different animals. I can get a car worked on anywhere. A boat motor......not so much. Plus there’s a pretty good chance I’ll never need to go back to the car dealer. And if I do I can make a scheduled appointment. Not drop my boat off and hole to get it back in a month. That’s kind of how I see it anyways.

15. Member
    My 07 accord v6 with 230000 miles still runs and drives like new. Bought a 17 accord v6 because they are supposed be the last v6. Let a cousin talk me out of my beater civic that had 320000. That I kinda regret as it was a great loaner car.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    For me anyways, and boat engine and car are two completely different animals. I can get a car worked on anywhere. A boat motor......not so much. Plus there’s a pretty good chance I’ll never need to go back to the car dealer. And if I do I can make a scheduled appointment. Not drop my boat off and hole to get it back in a month. That’s kind of how I see it anyways.
    It’s the same engine, a shade tree mechanic can adjust valves etc.
    Point is it’s a Honda and requires very minimal maintenance, now there are a few that need occasional work, but not like the other brands with compressors, coils and etc.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Honda in Nashville, Clarksville, Cookville, etc... The Honda dealer here is also the Ford dealer. I used a guy named Cole Taylor for my sales rep, nice guy, not uncommon for him to be their number one sales rep. I'd see what they have and maybe drive both? IMO all but the highest level of Honda's are prone to a bunch of road noise. It's like they put all the sound leading in their Acura products. Years go we bought from Nashville Acura. Like Lexus it's a painless process, not much haggling and you get a stellar product.
    I went on a 100 mile drive with a buddy who was driving a Honda Accord and this was the first time I had ever been in a Honda. This vehicle had 82,000 miles on it. I was thinking that I will now see what all the Honda hype was about. Man, was I disappointed. That thing was loud and rode rough as a cob. My wife's Hyundai Tucson rode better and was quieter and the Hyundai is not a quite vehicle.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    I went on a 100 mile drive with a buddy who was driving a Honda Accord and this was the first time I had ever been in a Honda. This vehicle had 82,000 miles on it. I was thinking that I will now see what all the Honda hype was about. Man, was I disappointed. That thing was loud and rode rough as a cob. My wife's Hyundai Tucson rode better and was quieter and the Hyundai is not a quite vehicle.
    Granted, not an accord. But I leased a new 2017 Civic for 6 months last year. That vehicle had the most road noise of any vehicle I had ever driven. That coupled with a droning CVT and other things I didn't like made me rethink that decision and move on. It did get 40mpg which was pretty impressive. I'm sure it would be a reliable vehicle but I was very disappointed with it and won't consider another Honda.
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 10-21-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

19. Member
    I'm a Ford Technician. Taurus is a good car, but I would buy an Accord. Honda's are great. Plus ford is discontinuing the Taurus.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I put a million miles on company cars @ 50k+ miles every year. And I've had over 100 new cars. And I've had I cannot remember the first warranty claim on a Taurus. Only problem with the early models was burning out the brake pads driving mountain roads in East Tennessee and Western North Carolina. They are much more comfortable cars than a Honda Accord with the seats elevated off the floorboards.

I presently have a Honda Civic Si, and it was our second SI. I find the Civics to be durable and trouble free, but it's a log wagon in comparison with my Lexus IS250. I just don't care to drive the vehicle any longer. And I hate that all Honda automobiles eat tires due to the rear suspensions not being very adjustable--wearing out the inside of the tire treads.

I ordered a 2018 Camry Hybrid a year ago, as I was looking for something a little more interesting. It gets 48 mpg @ 75-80 mph and in the low 50's in the city. And it's remarkably quick in city traffic--0-60 mph in 7.5 seconds. And it's so smooth and extremely quiet in normal driving. In 22K miles, it's only had oil changes. Hybrids and electrics are the cars of the future--and they're going to come into pickup trucks the next year or two.

I understand the new Accord models are really nice. I still think my Camry is very comparable and probably superior to Accords due to the 100% new generation hybrid system and completely new engine design in use.
    You need a new alignment tech. That's toe. There is very little weight on the rears so you should have almost no wear. Now if you frequently carry lots of weight in the trunk have it aligned with the weight because the toe may change some but you are experiencing an alignment problem. Normally happens more with the front than the rear because they have toe out in front... Which can also be dialed back to help wear. Find someone to zero out the toe front and rear(with the car loaded like you normally drive) and you'll find the tire wear is okay. Yes they have more camber in the rear than some cars but I've never seen that be a problem with tire wear. If it was it wouldn't be just the shoulder but across the whole tire

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast