Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

Looking to buy a Honda Accord??

Closes dealer is 100 miles away, so thinking of a Ford Taurus.
    What cha think?

2. Banned
    Ford is discontinuing production of most cars and the Taurus will drop in value greatly as compared to an Accord or Camry. I wouldn’t touch a Taurus.

I'm no expert but wife has a Honda Pilot for 8 years looks and runs like new 45,000 miles .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I'm no expert but wife has a Honda Pilot for 8 years looks and runs like new 45,000 miles .
    We may qualify as 'experts'. Wife's old 04 Pilot has 350,000 miles on it, with original engine, transmission and radiator! Accord carries-over many Pilot parts,equipment and features.
    Last edited by cmb; 10-08-2018 at 10:44 AM.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I think you better head to Cookeville Honda.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Closes dealer is 100 miles away, so thinking of a Ford Taurus.
    What cha think?
    Drive the 100 miles for a quality vehicle
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

I inherited the wife's 2007 Acura TSX (which is a Honda) when she bought her new Honda Accord July of 2017. It has 239k on it and still runs great. I have only had to do the regular maintenance like tires, oil and filters. I did have to give the starter a good whack once but, other than that been rock solid. Wife's new Accord has given us 30k trouble free miles so far. She drives 100 miles per day to work and home. I have a 2011 F-150 that I have had all sorts of problems with. No more Ford products for me. I wish Honda made a full size truck! My next truck will be a Toyota Tundra! I think you should drive to the Honda dealer. You wont regret it.

8. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    I'd make the drive for the Honda, we've had a few in the family and all have been solid long lasting vehicles.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

9. Member
    Just curious cmb, have you ever replaced the timing belt ? Wife has a 2006 Pilot but with only 68000, need to know when to have it replaced. Thanks

10. Member
    honda in nashville?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

11. Banned
    Once you put Honda in a discussion against most other vehicles, and if dependability and resale value are important to you, you drive the 100 miles to the Honda dealer.

I have worked for Honda as a Mechanic for 20yrs and it is hard to beat a Honda. My wife has had Hondas for the last 15yrs now. The weak point of a Honda is its transmission so make sure you get a extended warranty that covers the transmission. Now the Accords all come with a cvt transmission and honda has never been a leader in there cvt transmissions. Toyota mastered the cvt long ago. Maybe they should have built them for honda. For the first time in 15yrs my wife does not drive a honda. We ended up with a 2018 Ford Explorer 3.5L v6. and she absolutely loves it. The word is Ford is discontinuing 85% of there car line due to Trump put a hurting on them from buying steel overseas so now they will saver what steel they have to build their truck and SUV line. FORD would rather sell a $40-$75,000 truck then a $20-$30,000 car. Now the Asian car companies will not be hurting from this. Most Hondas that we have here in the states are Assembled here that is why we have what’s called Honda of America. Honda has several plants across the United States that build Hondas and they are actually assembled not built. All body parts are built overseas then sent hear for Hondas to be built and that is how they get away with it. I have never cared for any of Fords, Dodge or Chevy/Gmc cars so if all 3 only built trucks thats A ok with me. The Asian car manufacturers have always lead in cars sales in America
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Just curious cmb, have you ever replaced the timing belt ? Wife has a 2006 Pilot but with only 68000, need to know when to have it replaced. Thanks
    I had a Honda Pilot for a time. Honda suggests the timing belt (in the V-6) be replaced at 90,000 miles, if I remember correctly.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Every 100,000 miles. City driving requires 90,000 miles. We've done mostly highway driving since new and it's now my work-turd, till I retire in November. Bought Mommy a 09 Pilot Touring for her retirement, solid performer; not surprised.

15. Member
    Honda in Nashville, Clarksville, Cookville, etc... The Honda dealer here is also the Ford dealer. I used a guy named Cole Taylor for my sales rep, nice guy, not uncommon for him to be their number one sales rep. I'd see what they have and maybe drive both? IMO all but the highest level of Honda's are prone to a bunch of road noise. It's like they put all the sound leading in their Acura products. Years go we bought from Nashville Acura. Like Lexus it's a painless process, not much haggling and you get a stellar product.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    So for a car that you depend on every day dealer support isn’t an issue, Yet time and time again I see the first remark about an outboard is the closest dealer!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 10-08-2018 at 09:37 PM.

17. Member
    Wife has a 2016 Toyota Camry, I do not enjoy driving but she has. It hasn't been the perfect vehicle like everyone claims they "all" Toyota's should be but it has been good enough!

18. Member
    Wife has a 2006 Accord. 120,000 miles on it. Stills purrs like a tomcat in a creamery. Tried for years to get her a newer car. She won’t give up this Accord.

19. Member
    100+ miles would be a deal breaker for me ... unless in remote Alaska, etc.
    Consider something closer to you and look at certified used as well. Good luck.

20. Member
    How many of you drive a hundred miles to fish and how many times each year?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast