Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Buy the honda and don't look back, the accord has been around along time because that is a quality car.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    Every 100,000 miles. City driving requires 90,000 miles. We've done mostly highway driving since new and it's now my work-turd, till I retire in November. Bought Mommy a 09 Pilot Touring for her retirement, solid performer; not surprised.
    Thanks a lot

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yeah well try to change the expansion block in an 09 Acura TL (wife’s vehicle)...I think they built the car around it!! I want to punch the engineer in his hang downs! You actually have to physically cut the dash to get the evaporator out, unreal. Great car though, proven platform that will never turn heads but will last forever.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Wife has a 2006 Accord. 120,000 miles on it. Stills purrs like a tomcat in a creamery. Tried for years to get her a newer car. She won’t give up this Accord.
    I'll bet you try real hard to buy her a new one. Lol just kidding.

5. Banned
    My wife leases a Accord, We have one more year on the lease and will most likely get into another one. She does not put a lot on miles on her car so the lease is not a bad thing for us.

6. Banned
    I would drive the distance for a Honda. Wife has had 2 Accords. Very reliable vehicles.

Ford Clitaurus or Honda Accord? Too easy, Accord even if the dealership was over 300 miles away......

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikez521 View Post
    I'll bet you try real hard to buy her a new one. Lol just kidding.
    Spent at least 3 minutes of my valuable time trying to convince her!

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    So for a car that you depend on every day dealer support isn’t an issue, Yet time and time again I see the first remark about an outboard is the closest dealer!!
    Guess y’all missed this post in reading thru here!!!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Guess y’all missed this post in reading thru here!!!
    That's because you can expect trouble from an outboard, but not from a Honda car.

4 accords, 3 Crv’s and not a single issue with any of them.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    That's because you can expect trouble from an outboard, but not from a Honda car.
    It’s not an outboard, It’s a HONDA lol

13. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Owned Honda’s since the 80’s only vehicle I will own and very happy. Have an Acura RDX now and love it. If they made a full size truck I would have that too but very happy with my Silverado
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

14. Member
    We’ve just had a pack rat decide to destroy the underhood wiring on my wife’s CRV. Thank god for USAA insurance.

We have a new Accord loaner until the CRV is fixed. It’s a top of the line model with the 2.0 turbo. I drove it for the first time today, it was a bit of a shock to me who normally drives a basic pickup truck. It’s push button start, just need to have the key for inside the car. Butit’s also pushbutton shift, push button parking brake, three “modes”, Econ, normal, and sport. Couple dozen button on the steering wheel. Big screen above the center of the dash, looks like an iPad. Looks like it has about as many functions as an iPad too. It has “adaptive” cruise control, I’d never experienced it before. If you run up behind another car, the cruise will slow down and maintain a safe following distance. It even brakes on downhills, amazing. It has “lane assist”. If you wander out of your lane it shakes the steering wheel, sounds an alarm, and flashes a warning on the dash. If you signal to change lanes and there is a car beside you, you get another warning from the cars electronics.

Its all a bit much for me. I don’t think it rides very well, I suppose it’s a “sport” suspension. It’s much noisier than my pickup inside. It does run good, lots of giddy up. I don’t think I’d buy one with all these bells and whistles.

My wife had a 2010 Accord, oldest son still has it and it’s got a ton of miles on it now. It’s an entirely different kind of car than this new loaner. Just basic good reliable transportation.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

15. Member
    Bought my wife a 2015 Honda accord. Dealer put a new transmission in it at 35k due to a small noise after a recall to update. She gave me her 2000 accord. It has 220k on it and runs great. I changed out timing belt at 150k and put a water pump on it.

Make one longer trip to purchase the Honda or many closer trips for "issues". Have had Fords and Hondas over the years new and old, trust me.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

We had 3 Honda's over the years. We like our Subaru's much better.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. BBC SPONSOR
    I currently own 2 Honda pilot's and a civic si. The first pilot is a 2003. When I bough it it had 72,000 miles. I bought it and joked with my now ex wife that this will be our sons first car. Well guess what? It is. It currently has 207,???, and runs fantastic. I have done the water pump and timing belt twice, spark plugs once, all 4 rotors once, one front wheel barring, drive belts once, auto trans fluid change twice, 2 rear calipers once, shocks and front struts once, front swaybars once, one lower ball joint, regular oil changes and brakes twice. Considering I've owned this vehicle well over a decade and purchased used. I'd say that is really good. I think it's safe to say all of that is pretty much routine maintenance. I'm definatly a Honda fan.

19. Member
    What's wrong with Crest Honda? If you want good Honda service after warranty I had great service from a place called Accurate Automotive out in Smyrna back when they first opened. I had my old 88 Prelude back then.

20. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Ended up getting a Kia, dealer is a mile down the roa!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast