1995 200 xri questions

I have a 1995 200 xri....OG130941...

Have been told since the block stamping is FF that it is a de tuned promax....what say you all...
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That would be a good question for Jay Smith...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

porting is similar, but not the the same. promax is also a 7 petal front.

4. Member
    My motor is a 1996, XR6 150hp. I have been told that it is a detuned 200. I always figured if it needed major work, I would take it to a speed shop to rebuild it and have the other parts put in. But so far I have not needed to have it rebuilt , so it stands at 150.

Not to high jack a post or anything, but where is the "FF" stamping located? I've been curios about this topic for some time as well.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

6. Member
    Throttle linkage side of block..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Bruce Phillips

7. Member
    The ff block has the same sleeves/porting and exhaust chest as a 225 promax. However the exhaust dump at the bottom of the block is smaller and the rod slots are also smaller. You can not make it into a 225 promax with out some machine work and changing out the front half for a 7 peddle front. But they do respond really well to a few upgrades.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wayne View Post
    The ff block has the same sleeves/porting and exhaust chest as a 225 promax. However the exhaust dump at the bottom of the block is smaller and the rod slots are also smaller. You can not make it into a 225 promax with out some machine work and changing out the front half for a 7 peddle front. But they do respond really well to a few upgrades.
    Thanks for explanation...
    Bruce Phillips

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Have rod will travel View Post
    My motor is a 1996, XR6 150hp. I have been told that it is a detuned 200. I always figured if it needed major work, I would take it to a speed shop to rebuild it and have the other parts put in. But so far I have not needed to have it rebuilt , so it stands at 150.
    That would simply be a 150. Entirely different porting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor