Hope everyone got home ok from F3

We got back about 7:30
    Tried to find you all at the weigh in area
    How did everyone do? We had a lot of short fish but no keepers. Got into some nice white bass so my warrior and his wife had a good time with those
    Was great meeting you all finally. Cant wait to do it again next year

2. Member
    got home around 7 myself. Drove through some pretty wicked storms on the way home! I skipped the weigh-in because I sucked it once again! And I had to get all my stuff out of the room - lesson learned! LOL.

Good to meet y'all!

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Our Guest Speaker and True American Hero
    Donald "DOC" Ballard

http://themedalofhonor.com/medal-of-...ld-vietnam-war

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

4. Banned
    I rolled in some time around 7 myself. Those storms were bad! Gonna take a week for my boat to dry out...….and a week for my liver to do the same.

Had one keeper, lost two on squarebills at the boat. We caught fish all day. Senko bite turned on right after lunch time. My guy says it was the most fish he's ever caught at this event.
    He was also the one who made the custom coin boxes they gave away at the banquet. He has a custom wood shop in Richland and specializes in Cedar. He hand MADE me a very nice card as a thank you for the day. I have a cool pic I took of him with a fish he caught and am going to display in my office.

Good to see you guys again and great to meet the new ones.

5. Member
    I caught three keepers for 6.65 pounds and about 15 shorts fish. Two were on a baby brush-hog and one was on a Whopper Plopper. My warrior mainly fly-fished in the past (Healing Waters got him into that) he said, so his hook-sets weren't really strong for bass. He had one on about 2.5 pounds on a chatterbait that would have been our fourth keeper but it got off at the boat-I didn't even know he had one on until he tried to lift it in the boat with his rod. LOL! He caught several short fish as well. I was happy the weather stayed somewhat decent this year, compared the what they were afraid would happen.

I took my Warrior and his wife out. we struggled bad all morning with only 1 short fish and one white bass his wife caught which she had a ball bringing to the boat. Just before the rain started we ended up getting on some decent fish on a Square bill also. but it was really random and never could put a pattern together. ended up catching a few more white bass and one was pretty good size. so we put them in the boat to bring back in to weigh in for trash fish.
    we stayed out till about 2:45 but never really went very far from the ramp.
    was pretty bummed that I couldn't get any keeper bites for my warrior to weigh in but that's how fishing goes. but all in all they had a great time.

was really nice to meet you all and we cant wait to do it again next year.

going to have to make a trip up there to learn the water a little better that's for sure.

7. Member
    Luke- I started on the lower Grand but there was a lot of fishermen in that area. I ended up going up an arm about 15-18 miles and got on some water that was less pressured and found a few fish-plus the water was a little murkier as well, and that is what I'm used to fishing. I figured part of the fun for these guys is the boat-ride and since the weather cooperated, I obliged.

8. Member
    Got back around 6:30 went through some good rain in KC metro including some hydroplaneing which was scary.

We had 4 (1 spot) that went 8.83. We caught pry 15-20 fish total. I caught 2 on a neko rig 1 on a walking bait and 1 on a square bill. I lost 3-4 big fish on the walking bait that really cost us from having 14-16lbs. I stuck with the same pattern from practice and fished the main lake steep banks that were not bluffs. My warrior caught 4-5 short fish couple on a neko couple on a plopper. I was really hoping one of those big fish would hit the plopper for him. I did catch about a 7lb channel cat (I think?) on a square bill. The topwater bite was not a strong as Saturday for me but stuck with it probably should have thrown the neko rig more after catching some on it in the morning.

The best part was my warrior texted me after he stopped at Academy Sports in Belton to buy the stuff to throw a neko rig!

It was a great event and I look forward to next year already.

9. Member
    We only caught shorts all day, spent some time on stumps and had some good boat rides between spots. My stuff was wet and then some. When I got back to LOZ and put the boat in the garage, I filled about 10 five gallon buckets as the water drained out of the boat and I had the plug out all the way home.

A big thanks to everyone who makes this event happen!! See you next year!!
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO