Banned

Fluid film for trailer??

Evening all

Anyone have any tips for rust prevention on trailers?

Any thoughts on fluid film?

2. Member
    I've been using Fluid Film for several years on everything from coating under my truck to hand tools. Trailer springs and bunk-slides get a coat when boat isn't on it. I usually buy it in 3 can packages from whoever has the best price between Kellsport, E-Bay or Amazon.

3. Member
    I use it on all my lawn equipment and areas that typically rust due to exposed metal. Works great. I get it at Lowes with a 10% military discount. ACF-50 is good for rust prevention too, although it’s more expensive.

4. Banned
    Never heard of Fluid Film looks like good stuff

I use this on everything (boat, trailer, motor, truck, mower, etc.) when new, and then maybe once a year. Works on elec connections also. I sprayed all nuts, bolts, axle shafts, etc on my 9 year old 4 wheeler and no rust anywhere. When I wash it looks brand new.

https://www.amazon.com/CRC-Industrie.../dp/B000M8Q02M
    Think what would happen in this country if the many stopped fearing the few.

2015 RT 178 w/70hp Yamaha.

6. Member
    I started using it on my boat trailer this year and so far I am happy. It stays on the trailer good even with dunking it in the water

7. Member
    My issue with fluid film is it attracts dirt and grime and looks terrible. Not to mention if you ever decide to try and clean the filmed area, oh boy, get ready for a messy job, I'd rather dig a ditch.

Applied it to my pickup one winter, spring I wanted to do a detail cleaning underneath, man what a pain. No rust but filthy nasty grime stuck to the film.

ITs a good product but as stated leaves a hell of a residue. I wouldnt want to be in the need to clean it off. One thing thats nice is that its non toxic so i use it on my hedge trimmer blades. To coat the boat trailer probly not tho.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.