Hydraulic steering woes continue.

Beginning issue of boat was boat drifting to left during straight line runs, play in steering and sloppy cylinder. Long story short the helm and cylinder Has been replaced and bled numerous times. The problem still exist.
    The helm is 1.7 ci, and standard 1.3. Today I removed hoses and capped cylinder, pushed on cav plate with foot and the engine is rock solid. Confirms no air in cylinder and cylinder working properly. I suspect helm is ok to as it is also new. The hoses are 20’ which is about 7’ to long, something the previous owner did. Is there a chance the hoses could be flexing enough to cause the slop!? Or will I need to go to a 2.0 helm?

sounds like you need the 2.0 helm assembly ,what size Motor.

3. Member

4. Member
    You might check the hoses and make sure there are no coils under the top cap. Did you use a new cylinder or a used one? I'd say break the bleeders and run the hoses from them into a container and do a full turn. Use clear tubing to see if there is any air mixed with the fluid. Play in cylinder must be either the helm or cylinder or lines, if you used new parts you must have air mixed with your fluid.
    I think I'd open the port line, fill the reservoir, and turn it all the way port slowly watching for bubbles, cap the bleeder, repeat with the starboard side after refilling the helm.