99 johnson 115 flush mount throttle tilt trim switch

Hey guys i was wondering if you could help with my tilt trim switch at my throttle. It will trim down but not up. It was working when i launched but half way through the day it quit. It works up front and at the motor so i know its not the motor or solenoid. I removed the throttle and the switch. The switch is fully sealed so i can't pull it apart and clean it. The wires are wrapped so i can't see if its cut where they run into the side and i can't follow them from there. I'm not really sure what to do, any advice? This is on a 99 javelin renegade 18

2. Member
    Probably time for a new switch If it trims down the power (red/white) wire is working and the green/white is carrying the current back to the motor. The blue/white is the up circuit. If the wire is broke, the switch is the problem, or it is unplugged in the harness. The new switch comes with the pigtail harness. For simplicity and economy, may be time to put a "blinker" trim on the steering column. much safer, less expensive, and you don't have to "fish" a bunch of wires.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    How would i tie into the harness with blinker style without somehow finding where the old one connects. I really appreciate your reply.. i have a tournament next weekend this has been baffling me. I see there is 3 pigtail connectors in the trim tilt harness under the dash, is that where it would connect in
    Last edited by Riatvriderwd; 10-10-2018 at 09:00 AM.

4. Member
    Under the dash, the front trim button will tie into the harness, probably at bullet connections or butt connections. Should be a blue/white, red/white, green/white if they used the correct color wires. Otherwise, may be a red, blue, green in a 12 or 16ga wire.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    I had the same problem earlier this year. Ended up being the wire connection in the handle came apart. I repaired the connections back in June and haven’t had a problem with it since