2017 nitro z20 trailer ?

Have had a rattling sound coming from the trailer for a while now but just couldn't figure it out, but was under the rear trying to find the cause and it's the keel roller(not positive that's the name for it) at the back of the trailer, rattles like hell... has anyone else had this issue? What was the solution? How do you remove that thing if I wanted to try changing it out, has 2 aluminum caps, 1 on each end.

Thanks.

2. Member
    My 2016 trailer use to rattle and squeak a lot. Never did figure out what it was before I sold it

3. Member
    WD40 and roll your windows up. If that is the only problem you ever have with your boat you will be a lucky man. A rattle on anything drives me nuts but even more if I can't find what is doing it. I guess you could put some silicone caulking in it to stop it.

4. Member
    It had a squeak also which I found it to be the spare tire bracket that holds it to the trailer, had to remove the U-Bolt and wrap it with rubber hosing from the auto parts store just as a quick fix

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    WD40 and roll your windows up. If that is the only problem you ever have with your boat you will be a lucky man. A rattle on anything drives me nuts but even more if I can't find what is doing it. I guess you could put some silicone caulking in it to stop it.
    Yea I hate hearing it lol, every bump I hit in my neighborhood it rattles like I'm pulling a old shitty utility trailer or something lol

The brakes rattle on mine, I know it's them because if I ever so slightly slow down over bumps it's gone.

Can also grab grab the brake caliper/ pad and shake it with your hand to see, then have someone push the tongue in and repeat it will be gone, not sure of a fix for this other than new pads, I hear about bushings in the caliper but I don't see any

Second thing you can check is the bolts on the suspension, mine were loose after 15000 miles, took me a while to figure it out, now I'm setting up to order new hangers and hardware after 40k or so. To check place a jack on the center hanger, lift up the side, put your foot on the rim and stomp down or grab the tire and shake, while visually looking at the bolts that hold the springs. Mine are wollered out and if there was a bushing in there it's gone, this is not ideal but after snugging the bolts and checking for binding it's much better and is limping along another week before winter replacement - poor tire wear with a toe issue was my second sign I ignored excessive wear on one side of the tire

check the fenders, if loose tighten them, I did it with a vise grip on the threads and a wrench on hue but so I didn't have to peel back the traction pad
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

As far as your rear roller? I'd bust off them caps there has to be a bolt and nut, tighten the piss out of it as I can't imagine you will ever use that roller
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    The brakes rattle on mine, I know it's them because if I ever so slightly slow down over bumps it's gone.

Can also grab grab the brake caliper/ pad and shake it with your hand to see, then have someone push the tongue in and repeat it will be gone, not sure of a fix for this other than new pads, I hear about bushings in the caliper but I don't see any

Second thing you can check is the bolts on the suspension, mine were loose after 15000 miles, took me a while to figure it out, now I'm setting up to order new hangers and hardware after 40k or so. To check place a jack on the center hanger, lift up the side, put your foot on the rim and stomp down or grab the tire and shake, while visually looking at the bolts that hold the springs. Mine are wollered out and if there was a bushing in there it's gone, this is not ideal but after snugging the bolts and checking for binding it's much better and is limping along another week before winter replacement - poor tire wear with a toe issue was my second sign I ignored excessive wear on one side of the tire

check the fenders, if loose tighten them, I did it with a vise grip on the threads and a wrench on hue but so I didn't have to peel back the traction pad
    I bought the boat new in February, I might have 1000 miles on it. I'll look into them things to check, thanks.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    As far as your rear roller? I'd bust off them caps there has to be a bolt and nut, tighten the piss out of it as I can't imagine you will ever use that roller
    I did a lil reading today and I geuss these caps can be cut off or bent off, etc... and there's no bolt/nuts just a shaft and these caps. Wondering if theres a different type of shaft out there that's coated or something that wont make all the noise or maybe I can remove it and wrap it with something or whatever

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    I did a lil reading today and I geuss these caps can be cut off or bent off, etc... and there's no bolt/nuts just a shaft and these caps. Wondering if theres a different type of shaft out there that's coated or something that wont make all the noise or maybe I can remove it and wrap it with something or whatever
    If they're like the old trailers, it's just a smooth pin with caps that have a small detent in the side. They are driven on and held on by the friction of the detent. Grab them with a big pair of channel locks and twist/pull the cap off one end and pull the pin out the other end of the roller like a bolt. May be able to reuse/re-install them if you don't damage the caps too much, but should probably go to a hardware store and get some new ones to use when you put the roller back on so they will grip the pin enough to stay on.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    If they're like the old trailers, it's just a smooth pin with caps that have a small detent in the side. They are driven on and held on by the friction of the detent. Grab them with a big pair of channel locks and twist/pull the cap off one end and pull the pin out the other end of the roller like a bolt. May be able to reuse/re-install them if you don't damage the caps too much, but should probably go to a hardware store and get some new ones to use when you put the roller back on so they will grip the pin enough to stay on.
    Thanks