My 2019 Triton 20 TRX Numbers

Hi Guys! I finally got a chance to run my new rig. After spending the last 12 years in a Stratos, I was really nervous to make a switch. My last 4 years have been spent in a 201 Evolution that I loved in nearly every way. I've driven Rangers, Tritons, Skeeters and more over the years but really just felt comfortable in that platform. Now it's time for the new chapter and it's going to be with Triton. I finished up the break in this past week and finally got to open her up a couple times this weekend in a local tourney. Below are my real world numbers. I hope they are beneficial to you guys as you start setting up new Tritons with the new Mercury V8. Let me just say this about the new Pro XS, if it proves to be reliable, it's the best motor on the water. I've driven many boats with many motor combinations over the years and none have impressed me like this one. The pure torque this thing has going from around 40mph to 65mph is insane. I've never felt a boat accelerate so fast before. Another thing I really noticed was hole shot barely changed at all from empty gas/livewells to full gas/livewells. It wasn't an amazing hole shot by any means but perfectly acceptable for what I'm looking for. I'm going to focus on trying to find the mph/mpg sweet spot as soon as my vessel view comes in.

Boat Setup
    2019 Triton 20 TRX
    New Mercury Pro XS 4S 250hp
    10" Manual Jack Plate
    2 poles, Ultrex, group 31 AGM batteries
    Mercury Fury 3 blade 25P prop
    Hydraulic steering
    3.25" prop to pad measurement

Conditions
    Air temp 90 degrees
    Water temp 85 degrees
    No wind

Gear
    Full tourney gear for 2 anglers (25 rods, 30+ plano 3700s, tool box, misc worm bags, clothing, extra prop, etc...)
    2 anglers (roughly 180lbs each)
    livewells full
    Fuel: roughly half tank

Now to the all important numbers...
    Top Speed: 74.7mph
    RPM: roughly 5800 (analog gauge, smart craft coming soon)
    Hole shot: average to above average. I didn't time it but it was plenty smooth with no drag
    Acceleration: INSANE! 35-65mph in a blink
    Fuel Consumption: TBD
    Handling: very easy to control with a light walk at 68-70 if you don't catch it. easy to get past and get onto the pad for top speed.
    Cornering: I'm not sure if this was the engine, boat, or a combination of both but I could really handle turning in this boat well without losing significant speed.

2. Member
    Like the sound of all that!

3. Banned

4. Member
    Thank you