93sv won't recognize Livescope antenna most of the time!

Turning unit on and off numerous times over an hour timeframe was what was required before unit would operate properly. Today after9 hours on the water and NUMEROUS tries, never recognized Livescope transducer! HELP!!!

John!

2. Member
    Are you getting the livescope screen just says not Transducer detected? If so next time from LS screen hit menu, what does it say for sources? After that click on soutces and see if the GLS10 is in there. Tap on it and tell me if it works!

3. Member
    Will do, thanks!

John

4. Member
    This probably won't work for you but I'll mention it. On my 7610xsv I switch transducers around a lot, plugging and unplugging different ones and then ran into the Transducer Not Detected thing once. Support told me to put the unit into simulation mode for a bit, then take it out. Magic. Everything then worked. It appeared to reset some internal things.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Thanks guys I will try those suggestions this morning! I have another question, is there a way to turn off mapping? I just need the unit for Livescope and not mapping. Thanks, John.

6. Member
    Update **
    Source on unit had GLS10 and the screen even said GLS10. After about an hour with the unit on it suddenly started working properly but then twice within the first hour after that it beeped and said "transducer not detected" then a couple minutes later it would start working! After those 2 times it functioned properly all day. Don't know if that means head unit malfunction or transducer!! Any thoughts?

John

My only thought is that you might have a bad connection at the cradle. Diaelectric grease goes along way on these contacts.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    There have been a fair amount of bad bail mounts would maybe look into swapping if possible!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MatfromWisco View Post
    There have been a fair amount of bad bail mounts would maybe look into swapping if possible!
    What is a "bail mount"? Thanks!

John

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    My only thought is that you might have a bad connection at the cradle. Diaelectric grease goes along way on these contacts.
    Good advice.

I went through a spell of getting "Tranducer not detected" messages. When I first turned on the unit this would happen. An immediate reboot and it would work. Then one day I decided to use some electrical contacts cleaner and scrubbed the contacts. This was both on the cable connector and on the unit. Fixed it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Have you made sure you are running the latest software? Also on that unit how it detaches from the base it is common to not have it snapped in all the way. There are alot of connections from the Module to the display. I would double check they are all tight. Best of luck and keep us posted on the progress! For the mapping I would not worry about turning it off but just run it on the Full Screen for LiveScope.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

12. Member
    Latest software is installed. Connections are good and the plug into the unit from the box is like a USB connection. It took another hour and a half to work this morning but then transducer not detected" kept going in and out so I just turned it off! I am down in Florida pre-fishing for a BFL Regional so not much time to mess with it! Thanks for all the suggestions! The whole setup is only about a month old. My other units are Lowrance!

John

13. Member
    Well it appears we may have figured it out. If we remove the unit from the Cradle and snap it back in, it works just fine. But if it is off, and main power is turned off, when we restart it we have to unsnap the unit again and snap it back in and all is good again! I guess a new Cradle is the next step. Thanks for all the help!

John