Skeeter quality issues???

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with their late model Skeeter ZX's. I used to have a ZX190 with a 175 and I absolutely loved the boat. However I've read online of a few problems with the fiberglass in their late models. I know every brand of boat can have a lemon, but this will be the first boat I've bought new and I'm terrified to spend this kind of money on something to have problems out of it. I'm specifically looking at a new ZX 200. I love the layout, fishability, and the ride. However, the quality issues I'm hearing about are starting to make me look at other brands...what are your thoughts?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atnipjd View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with their late model Skeeter ZX's. I used to have a ZX190 with a 175 and I absolutely loved the boat. However I've read online of a few problems with the fiberglass in their late models. I know every brand of boat can have a lemon, but this will be the first boat I've bought new and I'm terrified to spend this kind of money on something to have problems out of it. I'm specifically looking at a new ZX 200. I love the layout, fishability, and the ride. However, the quality issues I'm hearing about are starting to make me look at other brands...what are your thoughts?
    Just remember that you usually only see complaints on here or any board. There are many many boats without issues.
    Your dealer makes a big difference too. You are "buying" them too so make they are top notch.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Buddy of mine just sent his back to Kilgore because the top cap separated after less than a year. He had issues with vapor lock, aerators, running hot intermittently and hubs locking up. Soon as it gets back, he’s trading it in. Other than that he liked it.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

With as many boats as they have on the water you really hear very few issues. Build enough boats and you will see a few with problems no matter the brand.

5. Member
    So very true about making sure you have a good dealer. I dont exactly get the warm fuzzies from my local skeeter dealer so I will most likely be going out of town to purchase I also completely believe that every boat manufacturer will have some boats with problems, it's the same way with cars.

I can understand your concerns about buying a new boat since it’s a big purchase. Good news is Skeeter has been the first building Bass boats. Close to 70 years and they didn’t get to stay in business that long building crappy boats and I hope they haven’t changed as of lately.

Also, if it means anything to you, according to CSI, Skeeter is on it’s eighteenth consecutive year for excellence in customer satisfaction.

7. Member
    I had a 16 le replaced with a 17 le after 2 hours the hull looked like shattered glass. If you do have major issues they will take care of it. Any new boat will have small issues. Before you take possession of the boat turn everything on flip all the switches crawl all over it inside and out and under it. Good luck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    I had a 16 le replaced with a 17 le after 2 hours the hull looked like shattered glass. If you do have major issues they will take care of it. Any new boat will have small issues. Before you take possession of the boat turn everything on flip all the switches crawl all over it inside and out and under it. Good luck
    This is the kind of stuff that worries me. I get a loose screw here or there or maybe a bad wire connection, but when you have a major flaw like fiberglass cracking, that's a BIG deal!

9. Member
    This is the kind of stuff that worries me. I get a loose screw here or there or maybe a bad wire connection, but when you have a major flaw like fiberglass cracking, that's a BIG deal!

Yes it is a big deal but skeeter will stand behind it, all boat brands have issues just like anything else but not every boat they produce has issues far more without issues than with issues.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

10. Member
    Yeah it sucked but Skeeter stands behind their product. Getting upgraded a year at no cost is more than I could of hoped for. I'd buy another with a question. Best boats I've ever been in and I've had several brands.

11. Member
    I had a few minor issues from the factory when I bought my boat all of which were fixed at the dealer before delivery. As for the trailer, good luck!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I had a few minor issues from the factory when I bought my boat all of which were fixed at the dealer before delivery. As for the trailer, good luck!
    What kind of issues have you had out of your trailer?

Ok not sure about problems with other boats but I have a 2014 Zx 20 powered by the 250 Yamaha sho and I love the whole set up, no issues with quality, live wells performance etc. I would highly recommend the Skeeter boat but then thats just my 2 cents.

2010 ZX 200. I’m sure I could drop it off the roof of my house onto the concrete and still
    go fish it afterward. Ive seen them all have issues. It’s how you are treated when it happens is what counts. Honestly doubt you’ll have an issue.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by Svan270 View Post
    Yeah it sucked but Skeeter stands behind their product. Getting upgraded a year at no cost is more than I could of hoped for. I'd buy another with a question.
    Nice!!!

Contrary to what you may hear all boats have problems some owners just wont say it because there to loyal to the manufacture. I rode in a lot of different boats as a non boater before I settled on a skeeter and never had any regrets I never had any problems hull wise The only one other then a Skeeter I looked at was a pre 1998 Champion but still settled on the Skeeter. The best in my HO.

17. Member
    Just small things though the boat is a 2011. Skeeters emblems have been knocked off getting in and out of boat. Dash trim has come loose. Skeeters badge on windshield the paint has come off in spots. That's it like I said all little stuff. The boat averages two fishing trips a week April through October so it is used a lot.