Do you remember the first time?

Who remembers the first time they found out about or saw a Bullet boat?

It was in the early 90's and I was launching at Lake Monticello in Texas one day and I heard this thunder rolling down the lake toward me but there were no clouds, and I couldn't see anything for the trees. In a minute or so, I saw it, all red hull 20xd up flying high so pretty w/ a screaming 2.5 on the back. He had to be doing 85-90 as he went by across the lake. He shut her down and turned back around to the ramp and as he came idling toward me, I remember thinking "damn, that is the baddest looking boat I've ever seen, WTF is that?" As he got closer, the thump of that Merc REALLY had me looking hard for a name on the boat, and then I saw it......Bullet. I thought "that's bad to the bone right there" and I was hooked. I said right then, "One day, I will have one".

2. Member
    Thats exactly how I spotted my first Bullet screaming down the lake. I will never forget the first time I heard that hull slapping the water and that Mercury screaming. That’s all it took. I had to find out more about what I had just saw. I was instantly hooked and will forever be!! Now I am lucky enough to introduce people to that hull slap and screaming Mercury
    BULLET 20XRD/Mercury 300 XS

3. Member
    1st time I rode in a Bullet, I went 102, I was hooked

4. Banned
    Saw one at a dealer in Kentucky... Love at first sight... Dan

Early 90’s seen a pic, but in the mid 90’s I seen one in person at a Bullet/Stratos dealer about 90 miles north of me on the Ohio River. They said it was the fastest around. Fell in love then!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

6. Member
    Does anyone remember the advertisement book Bullet put out in the mid 90s. A glossy black cover with a black and yellow Bullet being driven by one and only Mr Nichols. I already thought Bullets were the best looking boats hands down but that picture confirmed it for me!
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Does anyone remember the advertisement book Bullet put out in the mid 90s. A glossy black cover with a black and yellow Bullet being driven by one and only Mr Nichols. I already thought Bullets were the best looking boats hands down but that picture confirmed it for me!
    Yep I've got the brochure somewhere in the basement... Dan

8. Banned
    Was fishin a tournament out of what I thought was my fast triton. My buddy let everybody else holeshot and left last out of the shotgun, and proceeded to run everybody down. I was out in front, but he BLEW past me, I mean straight made it look like I was in reverse in his 20xd. I had to have one.