Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The same piece of mule tape has been on my MG for 7 years, and I go 75 times a year.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana View Post
    Since Danny the developer of The big red one is a friend of mine, I say go with it you wont regret it. The bushing alone is worth the money. I don't understand MK Danny has brought that problem up to them and they still don't put a bushing for the rope to go thru.
    I'll add my recommendation for the red one as well. The bushing is the deal... the handle I wanted... machined aluminum. The other thing I really like the is device that allows you to lock the handle in place while running.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I replaced the factory pull rope with paracord 3 years ago. I probably pull my motor in and out 5000 times a season. Still have same 3 year old paracord with zero issues. 50 feet was like $12 so I have enough to last me a while.
    Where did you get your paracord, as well as what size ? I have a Fortrex (2012) and the heat shrink that came stock on my cord is worn out. I don't know anything about paracord , i assume its more durable than the stock cord and i don't want to put on a cable if its going to wear out the hole that the cord comes out of. The paracord seems like the best way to go.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Where did you get your paracord, as well as what size ? I have a Fortrex (2012) and the heat shrink that came stock on my cord is worn out. I don't know anything about paracord , i assume its more durable than the stock cord and i don't want to put on a cable if its going to wear out the hole that the cord comes out of. The paracord seems like the best way to go.
    Princes Auto has 550 paracord it's like $5 for 100 feet

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcg202champ View Post
    I bought 1 of those G-Force kits to update my Maxxum TM when i broke the cord after trying to pull up the TM out of water
    I just installed the G Force kit today, works great. Amazon prime 30.00 , 2nd day delivery.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

6. Member
    Thanks jtracc, if you have a Minnkota, did you install heat shrink to your cord (like the MK factory cord) or did you leave it bare ? Also how do i open the Minnkota oem pull handle to change the cord ?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Thanks jtracc, if you have a Minnkota, did you install heat shrink to your cord (like the MK factory cord) or did you leave it bare ? Also how do i open the Minnkota oem pull handle to change the cord ?
    No shrink tube, and zero wear. I have a fortrex the cord handle splits open just use a flat head screw driver.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Princes Auto has 550 paracord it's like $5 for 100 feet
    Homehardware also carries the Coghlan's 550 paracord. I got mine at Tent City in north Toronto a few years ago. I never used shrink tube either. I would change it routinely at the beginning of each season, and carry a couple of spares on board.

A head's up for anybody considering purchasing the paracord. Make sure it is the 550 made in the USA. The cheaper stuff is made overseas and breaks easily.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    You have all kinds of answers on here. First, on both MinnKota and Motorguide, if the outside diameter of the pull cord is too large, the lockslide will not operate properly. On the Maxxum, MinnKota has a stainless steel bushing (I carry it in stock) that can be used to replace the chrome ring around the hole the rope comes out of to reduce wear and tear. Using a cable -- and yes, I know MinnKota went to a cable on the Ultrex -- can prematurely wear the aluminum parts that the rope comes through.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    Thanks guys for your advice, looks like i will be going with U.S. made paracord with the stock handle!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    Hes the real deal. Very customer oriented.
    I don’t know Danny personally BUT had a question about his big red one product that came on my boat when I purchased it and he was more than helpful! He stands by his product and is continually looking for improvement. After speaking with him and worked no through my questions, I trust the operation he runs and wouldn’t hesitate to invest in one of his products!

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    Hes the real deal. Very customer oriented.
    I love the simplistic handle.
    I made up a couple of spares and I used an old broom handle (hardwood dowle) as the handle. So easy to grab
    Nice job on the Red Danny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12