Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What? No DVL, Skinner, Hodges, Miramar, etc. Were are the So Cal guys?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I fish them but only because I have to lol.

I think you missed my post...

DVL is my top...followed close by Hodges and El Cap

MiraMar & Murray are very very tough and you need to spend hours on them to learn how to fish it. Even then, it's not 100%
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Member
    Don't forget Perris.

Yeah Perris is staging a comeback over the past few years.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

I grew up fishing lake Perris! Walked the bottom of that lake as it was filling up. Remember when it was loaded with Spots! Pulled a 7.02 out of that lake. I lived 4.5 miles from the DVL launch ramp before I retired. I fished mostly offshore when I was living in Comifornia! Still fished DVL pretty often as it was close to home. Nothing like hooking a blue gill only to have s 5lb bass eat it on the way up.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Favorite in order . . .

McClure
    Pedro
    Eastman/Hensley
    Delta - places 4th only because of 2+ hour drive
    Clear Lake
    Bullards Bar - Looooong drive and scarce accommodations
    Pineflat
    Millerton - 15 minute drive but small fish
    Havasu

Want badly . . .

Melones - went once but got sick
    Castaic
    Berryessa
    Oroville - now that they got the dam fixed . . . right?

Least favorite

Lake Mead - because of Vegas and I totaled my Champ 203 and F150 in two separate incidents on one weekend.

Sorry Tarheel...

8. Member
    Havasu. Saguaro used to be great before the fish kill

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Yeah Perris is staging a comeback over the past few years.
    Perris is the lake closest to me and I can't believe how much flooded brush and trees there are since they raised the lake. I felt like I was fishing in another state last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    Perris is the lake closest to me and I can't believe how much flooded brush and trees there are since they raised the lake. I felt like I was fishing in another state last weekend.
    you’ll have to give me the update. Last I heard they were working on the dam so they kept the water level pretty low. So if the water level is back up the old spawning ground near the pump station is back under water? Also that entire south east side of the lake has all the trees in the water again? If so that lake will return to its glory.

11. Member
    Haven't been there in a couple of months but it was up at least 25-30' over the low water condition while they worked on the dam. Water is back to the trees that I believe you're referring to. They also added quite a few rock piles for habitat along that side of the lake towards the north end.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

12. Member
    The final construction has been completed on Perris's damn so now they can raise it another 11 feet.

From the Lake Perris Facebook page:

"Hello FB. What a busy summer. Since the water level was almost 80 percent of full we had our highest year of attendance for the last 12 years. Next year will be even more popular as we just received some fantastic news about the water levels. The last construction project has been complete in the east end and water will now be flowing into Lake Perris at a high rate of flow 400-500 CFS. The lake should be full by the beginning of 2019!This equates to 11 more vertical feet. During this period we will relocate the patrol dock to lifeguard headquarters which will then make available launch ramp 7 for public launch. The increased water levels will also make the marina docks and the point one fishing dock ADA compliant and accessible. As always, water flow is based upon availability and conditions and could change. In addition, the bike path that was temporarily closed in the east end will be reopened on Saturday 10-20-18.
    Current Conditions:
    Park is open 6 AM to 10 PM Hours will change to 6 AM to 8 PM starting November 3rd. Lake Elevation is 1578.08 (max elevation is 1588) Water capacity is at 79.7 percent. Water temp is 73. If you enjoy birding, we already are starting to see many migratory birds visiting the lake including bald eagles.
    Fishing has been very good for bass who are hanging off ledges, points and brush pile in the 12 to 18 foot depths. Panfish is also good in those same areas and around the marina. Dropshoting is working best for the bass. For more information about fishing and renting a fishing boat call the Marina at (951) 657-2179. This is also a great time to camp. Low weekend crowds give you much more freedom and the weather has been fantastic. Please visit https://reservecalifornia.com."

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

13. Member
    you’ll have to give me the update. Last I heard they were working on the dam so they kept the water level pretty low. So if the water level is back up the old spawning ground near the pump station is back under water? Also that entire south east side of the lake has all the trees in the water again? If so that lake will return to its glory.
    Here are a few pics from a couple weeks ago the first time I took my boat out. This is on the south side of the island. Some of the trees you can be right next to and my old Lowrance X4 said we were in about 40 feet of water in some parts, not sure how accurate those are though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Least favorite

Lake Mead - because of Vegas and I totaled my Champ 203 and F150 in two separate incidents on one weekend.

Sorry Tarheel...

Very understandable. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    Here are a few pics from a couple weeks ago the first time I took my boat out. This is on the south side of the island. Some of the trees you can be right next to and my old Lowrance X4 said we were in about 40 feet of water in some parts, not sure how accurate those are though.
    Thats what I'm taking about..The days of glory will return to that lake.. Used to catch 1lb bluegill on crickets in the marina back in the day..Big Channel cat in the lake as well. Those photos bring back lots of memories..Around May the fish in those trees will come alive..

Favorite lakes
    Clearlake
    Trinity (smallmouth best 5 26lbs)
    Almanor (smallmouth)
    Whiskeytown (Big Spots)
    Lake Sonoma (8 minutes from my Pops house, watched lake be built as a kid.
    Afterbay
    Berryessa (PB- 8 lb lb mouth)
    Bullards Bar
    Delta

Will start fishing mother load , son just moved to Lodi.

Least favorite
    Oroville
    Shasta
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12