Thread: Ultrex Button

Ultrex Button

Hey guys, having issues with my Ultrex. I bought it in July, installed and fished five days. Next time out (two weeks later) the button didnt work. Everything worked normal with the remote. I removed the motor and took it to an ASC and the tech couldnt find a problem. Installed the motor back on and it worked for one trip. Now, I am having the same issues. I tried moving the switch in the pedal up and down with no luck. If I push it up too high the remote will not work. One other thing is that the battery indicator on the remote has an exclamation point on it as if the batteries are low. Batteries are fully charged. I pulled the pedal and removed the plate to see if something was pinched but everything looks ok. I had 24V to the wires coming from the plug to the spade terminals. If I push the switch the other wires get nothing, if the remote is turned on the other wire gets variable voltage depending on what the speed is set at. Long story short, it appears that either the switch or the board that its wired to may be bad. All functions with the remote work normally, speed, spot lock, steering etc. The thing throwing me off is how if the switch is pushed all the way up it stops remote function leading me to believe that the switch has to be working. Is there anything else I should mention to the ASC? I would imagine that if the two wires on the switch were jumped and it worked that would confirm a bad switch but to do so would require cutting the wires.

2. Member
    When you measured the input voltage at the board, did you have the motor turned on and deployed? It makes a difference.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Yes, motor on and deployed on the water.

4. Member
    Ok, I just reread your post. The "switch" you're talking about. Is the the side on/off switch or the button on the footpedal. Does the constant on the footpedal work? If it's the button, it probably needs to have the reed adjusted. You can pop the button off (tab under the foot pedal) and will see a reed in a holder in the bottom of the button well. This reed is magnet activated. The magnet is in the button. If you have a small magnet, touch it to reed and the motor should run. If that's the case, push the reed up in the holder. There is a slot in the holder under the footpedal. If you push it too high, the motor will run all time. In that case, push it down a little.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    The motor does not work with the foot button or the constant on button. I've tried adjusting the reed switch even too high to see if it would stay on to no avail. Everything works normally with the remote. I spoke to the tech at the service center where I am dropping it off and he seems to think its the board in the pedal. I will keep you posted.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DelcoSol View Post
    The motor does not work with the foot button or the constant on button. I've tried adjusting the reed switch even too high to see if it would stay on to no avail. Everything works normally with the remote. I spoke to the tech at the service center where I am dropping it off and he seems to think its the board in the pedal. I will keep you posted.
    With the voltage readings you're getting, the constant on and the button not working, I concur that it is probably the main control board.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]