Shot in the dark- anybody know what pumps/valves are needed on a 2006 198

It's been awhile since I posted up on here, but I am still around and still fishing regularly.

I have a 2006 198. I have known for about four months now that I should get new trolling motor batteries (just based on age) and the past few times my livewell actuator has felt heavier than normal. Today both things came to a head. I was at the tailend of a casual outing with a friend and his son and we had been fighting stiff currents and winds all day. I had my Terrova up to 6.5 just to make headway when it suddenly dropped to 3 all on its own after several resets to 6.5 it would always drop down to 3. No problem, batteries are shot- easy fix. Just prior to heading in I opened the livewell to let the water out and the actuator broke off in my hand. I have done this repair before by just replacing the handle, this time a better fix is warranted. My aerator pump has also been sounding like it struggles upon start up.

Since I have to have all the batteries out I figured it would be a good time to replace the livewell fill/drain valve & handle, aerator pump, hydro (bubble maker) pump and "pump out" pump.

It's late and it's dark now. I know I will know what to get when I start tearing into it, but does anybody happen to know what pumps/valve I specifically need so I can start ordering parts?

Thank you.

2. Member
    I think the pumps depend on where the 198 was rigged, so you may need to pull one of the pumps to be sure of make and installation.

This is my 2006 198 bilge. 1 is the recirculator, 2 is pump out, 3 & 4 are bilge, 5 is livewell fill. Livewell actuator valve is just below #3 pump on the right side of bilge, Just below the "number 3" laying on it's side.

If you have trouble running the actuator cable, you can always pull the whole seat module.

Hope this helps a little.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

Very helpful indeed, thank you! It looks like a mess to deal with, but after 12 years it’s time to freshen things up. Thanks again.