Ultrex issue yet again

Thought my problems were over. When I bought 24 volt Ultrex it ran for a little while then couldn't get foot pad to move. Minn Kota sent to the dealer a new circuit board. Fished today and motor worked well except spot lock kept kicking off. Might work for one minute before kicking off. Couldn't use that feature and of course that was my main reason to buy it.

anyone else have this happen?

2. Member
    Only time it has done that on mine was if something was restricting the pedal movement. The TM hold down strap had blown under the pedal. It is fairly sensitive. I've had it on spot lock and inadvertently touch the pedal and then discover it has disengaged.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    The footpedal is sensitive to obstructions. If there is wires coming up the shaft and they get tight, it will knock it off spotlock. If something doesn't allow for full pedal movement, it will kick out.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    I will make sure there is nothing under it but the foot control worked all day. Just trouble with spot lock. I will try to use it again before going back to dealer.

Appreciate the replies.

5. Member
    You also need to check is you have a loose connections or corroded connection somewhere on you boat. This will also knock the spot lock off because of power interruption.