Yamaha ringfree and stabil

I run stabil in my fuel all the time. I usually run ethanol free as well. I'm new to the Yamaha world, but it seems like most run Yamaha ringfree. I just ordered some from Amazon. My question is, does everyone run both ringfree and stabil, one or the other? Some other combination? Thanks for the help, Clayton.

2. Member
    Ringfree Plus

Ringfree cleans deposits, carbon and other things from your engine, Stabil is to stabilities your gas. It keeps it from braking down.Ethanol will phase out and that is not good. Yamaha makes a stabilzer
    also. I use both of Yamaha treatment plus Seafoam. I know it is over kill but I did not have any trouble out of my 2006 HPDI. I still run all of them in my Sho

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

4. Member
    Is there any need to run fuel stabilizer in non ethanol fuel? I've been considering the ring free and I use seafoam now (which also stabilizes).

5. Member
    I think any gas can break down. But its my understanding that ethanol gas can absorb moisture and separate. I live in the Houston metro area. The "H" in Houston stands for hot and humid. Since 1989 I have put Stabil and Ringfree in my gas and never have had an issue running ethanol gas. So I would use if it was me. Stuff works. If I ran exclusively ethanol free fuel, I might not add the Ringfree.

If you use your boat every week no need to stabilities your gas but I would use the Ringfree and Seafoam to keep your motor clean. if your boat set over a couple of weeks the gas loses it octane the day you get. I would put something in to stabilities the gas and cleans. I use Ringfree to make Yamaha happy just in case something happens. My Yamaha mechanic does not like nothing but Ringfree and Startron to stabilities the gas but we use the Seafoam also, I just like to keep it clean.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

7. Banned
    Every fill up, RingFree and Marine Stabil 360.

8. Member
    Ringfree Plus has a fuel stabilizer in it.

9. Banned
    If you run your boat often and turnover the gasoline in your tank promptly, I see no reason to put Stabil in the tank. Over the winter is a different issue, however.

Ringfree Plus is a decarbonizer, and it should go in the tanks of all 4 stroke outboards. The stuff is incredibly concentrated, and much, much cheaper to use per gallon than Seafoam.

While I've not heard any complaints on Seafoam, it is essentially diesel fuel with a little naptha and alcohol (Heet) mixed in. It sells in the stores for about 140 times what it costs to make it--expensive to use.

10. Member
    Sea Foam does work despite the cost.

11. Member
    Ringfree Plus and Biobor EB
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Same here

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I use Pri-G as my primary additive, it takes care of carbon deposits and treats the ethanol, I have used this for 15 years in my Yamaha's and now use for my SHO, I also used ring free for the first 50 hours and may still add some to a tank on occasion but the Pri-g is doing the same thing, I also run seafoam twice a year,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Skeeter View Post
    Exactly. Zero problems and my 2002 HPDI is still running like new.

15. Member
    Thanks for the advice guys. I've got my ringfree coming from Amazon this week. I'll continue using my Marine stabil as well.
    Last edited by TwinStick; 10-10-2018 at 01:09 PM.

16. bullyfish
    I have had a Yamaha motors on bass boats the last 25 years and have a 250 SHO now l have never put any thing in my gas tank but gas all this talk is BS do you all dump all this stuff in your car or truck heck no get a life boys the motors are made to run on gas

17. Member
    Yes I add stabil and ring free to my tank. I don't get to fish as much as I like too. Clayton asked a question and members posted things they do. It's a matter of choice what one does to preserve their motor. Yes I do add seafoam to my gas, oil, and clean out the air breather system in my vehicles.

Ringfree is all I put in my 2017 175 SHO. But, I always try and find 89 octane ethanol free fuel. If you can only get 10% ethanol mixes, I would put some stabilizer in IF the boat was going to sit for 2 months or longer. And I would make sure the tank is full, which is a good idea regardless of type of fuel used. Ringfree keeps carbon buildup to a minimum. At one ounce per 10 gallons of fuel, a 32 oz bottle is good for 320 gallons. That's pretty damn cheap insurance in my book.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

19. Member
    +1 on PRi-G

20. Member
    Just think how much money the outboard company’s are losing with the phase out of Two cycle engines they had to come up with something to make up the difference in the declining sales of two cycle oil .