Thread: Bow digging?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bow digging?

Anybody know what could cause bow digging? My motor seems to be at about the right height. Prop seems right, but for some reason I cant get any bow lift and when i trim it up I'm losing water pressure because the ass end is higher than it should be. 192procraft super pro, 200 merc efi, wot6100 rpms, p2p about 4 1/2 inches

2. Banned
    What prop is on it? Some props will do that (bravo is one).

3. Member
    25p tempest.
    I've also tried a 24 trophy 4blade and it did the same

4. Member
    A hook in the pad will cause that. Slide under there with a straight edge and see if the pad is flat. A straight edge should touch evenly along the pad. Too much weight up front can cause it too but it would need to be a lot.

5. Member
    Do you have a jack plate, if so how big? If not that may be your problem From What I have seen these boats run great with about 8-10.

I have a 2004 200 Super Pro with 3.0l 200 EFI. 10" Plate. I had to come to what most say is way to high to get lift. I am at 2.25 P2P on mine I am running an old 26 Trophy Not Trophy plus. Or a 26 Tempest Plus. The tempest is almost to much prop during the summer, runs great in cooler weather. I would certainly raise it. Start at about 3.5 and go from there.

6. Member
    I would agree with above, your motor seems way too low. I’d start at 3 1/2 and work up 1/4 at a time.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

7. Member
    Ok that may be it, I was just scared to come up since I was losing water pressure, but if I were to get more bow lift I think it would fix that. I'm putting on a different lower unit next week that takes in water on the nose cone so hopefully I'll be able to come on up.
    My jackplate is 10 inches

8. Member
    Ok I'll check that out. Only thing in the front is rods and trolling motor

9. Member
    My boat was doing the same thing earlier this year and nothing I did fixed it. Sent my props to Mark Croxton with a description of my issue and now I have bow lift to spare. Worn props don’t lift.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    My boat was doing the same thing earlier this year and nothing I did fixed it. Sent my props to Mark Croxton with a description of my issue and now I have bow lift to spare. Worn props don’t lift.
    Very we could be the deal. Thanks

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brob52 View Post
    Very we could be the deal. Thanks
    It is the deal. You need to be 3.5” or less prop to pad.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    It is the deal. You need to be 3.5” or less prop to pad.
    Going to test it out tomorrow so I'll let you all know. I'll be sending my prop to Mark C. as well.

13. Member
    My last boat was a 2000 procraft superpro 200 w/200 efi. P2p needs to be 3" and I was running a 25p trophy 4 with all regular plugs in. 71 wot@6100 rpm and plenty of lift.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    My last boat was a 2000 procraft superpro 200 w/200 efi. P2p needs to be 3" and I was running a 25p trophy 4 with all regular plugs in. 71 wot@6100 rpm and plenty of lift.

Just tested it out I'm about 3 1/4 below pad and still losing water pressure when I try to trim up just a little. Still no bow lift. Prop maybe? 25p tempest.

15. Member
    Also tried to get away from me in a curve

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    You are getting some good info here...esp about the props, but have you checked with the folks in the Procraft forum here on BBC? Maybe more info there? Or someone who can ride with you and see what is happening??? We have some great folks here on BBC!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    You are getting some good info here...esp about the props, but have you checked with the folks in the Procraft forum here on BBC? Maybe more info there? Or someone who can ride with you and see what is happening??? We have some great folks here on BBC!
    I would love for someone to ride with me! I'll also check there

18. Member
    Hate to ask but are you measuring your p2p correctly?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    Hate to ask but are you measuring your p2p correctly?
    Yes. Level the boat and motor in the garage. Floor to pad 14 inches and floor to center of prop shaft 10 3/4in now, it was 9 1/2. I may be having an impeller issue as well, it just replaced it this yea but it's got to be something along those lines contributing to my problems.

Sounds like your prop needs some work. Even when new, a lot of times they're really far off out of the box.

My 25 Tempest Plus needs some work this offseason, actually. It's got a couple dings on it and 2 seasons of wear and I've lost a noticeable amount of lift.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast