Thread: Recessed TM

Recessed TM

Contactd G3 on putting in a TM recess tray on mu 2002 Pro175. Their response....Don't do it.

2. Member
    Guess it's a good thing I didn't call them! Yes, I cut through a brace. All the screws are in the tray, which provides some strength, the floor feels solid to me.
    That was five years ago. Hands down the best thing I've done to the boat.

3. Member
    Does the 02 have a compartment in that area? My 01 has a dry box right where the tray would go.
    1989 Coleman Crawdad
    55 lb Minn Kota Endura Max

4. Member
    The rod locker runs right up the center and under the front seat to the bow..

5. Member
    I have an '09 Eagle 180 and sure want a recessed tray, but with my rod locker going up the center of the boat I don't think I'd have room. I can only get 6'9" rods in there as it is, and sometimes they're tight. Good luck.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

6. Member
    Sorry, I didn't realize it was model specific question.
    In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't put my rodlocker in the middle, when I added stuff to the boat.

7. Member
    i have a 1860ccj an i was also told not to put a recessed pedal in. well after talking to people an the place i bought it from there are certain brand trays that actually fit an lay on an angle over the brace being talked about in my boat. i had to cut about 1/4" of the lip of the brace out but it works great an i couldnt imagine not having it. an the screws that hold the tray in also help with support. i definatley pulled out my dry compartments an looked up in there to see what i was about to cut into first tho. id higly recomend doing that first. if i hadnt i would have cut thru some wiring that was zip tied up there.