Thread: 202 pro-v setup

202 pro-v setup

I have a 01 202 pro-v with a 225 promax with a 10” slider master. I’ve done everything I could think of but I can’t get it over 67 mph and I’ve tried a few different props any help would be appreciated

2. Member
    well not sure how fast your boat should go but here goes are you sure all cylinders are firing with proper fuel at wot try new plugs first fuel filter possibly plug wires simple fixes save your old plugs possibly highest pitch prop without exceeding factory wot rpm you may give up hole shot but increase top end you could have bad coil breaking down at wot

3. Member
    To get the most out of that setup you need to either replace the entire jackplate with a 14" or get some 4" spacers from TH marine. If your lowerunit isn't coned the best you could do will be around 77ish. With a cone you should be 80-82. If that motor is healthy that is. I had a 2000 202DC with 1999 promax. Motor had some minor mods like compression, 5pedal reeds, and raised limiter. It would run 79-80 with regular lowerunit with scoops and shaft set at 3/4" below. Put the nosecone on and raised the motor to 1.5" above the pad and it ran 84-85mph. Best all around prop was a 25 trophy worked.

4. Member
    You should be better than 67. I have an 03 202 with a 225 EFI 3-litre on a 10in plate also, have a set of 12ft Talons on it, running a 26 trophy plus prop and I can run 70-71 (HDS gps) with me alone. With a partner it will still touch 67-68.

These boats don’t like a lot of trim, run wot and trim up like you think it should be then start bumping it down. You should see mph pick up slowly.

5. Member
    Yeah I have a 25 throphy on it now I just replaced all the switch boxes and new carbon fiber reeds in it I am running 4 batteries in it though it does have a nose cone I’ve tried the jack plate everywhere and when I get the motor about level in trim it kicks a giant rooster tail

6. Member
    My 03 and 2013 202 had a 15in. plate 3/4in. above pad. Bobs cone 26 trophy. Both ran 84 to 85 gps light load. 98 225 pro max.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshloper95 View Post
    Yeah I have a 25 throphy on it now I just replaced all the switch boxes and new carbon fiber reeds in it I am running 4 batteries in it though it does have a nose cone I’ve tried the jack plate everywhere and when I get the motor about level in trim it kicks a giant rooster tail

What RPMs you turning?

8. Member
    The 202 blazer likes a 15” setback, a Bullet likes a 14” setback. Should be around 1.25 above pad with a 26 pro max prop.

Steven Eversole, KY
    BLAZER 202 PRO V / MARINER 225 SUPER MAG