Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Amistad the first week of November

Hi there guy's! Four of us are headed to Amistad for a week of fishing and friendly competition. We are all retired military and none of us have ever fished Amistad. 2 boats 4 guys and a 4 day tournament! We try to do it twice a year. Last April we fished Lake Eufaula in Alabama. We even go so far as to have a Leaderboard and the winning team after 4 days gets trophies and a trophy for Big Fish. Would any of you guys be willing to point us in the right direction so we can catch some bass? No secret spots needed! Just general info would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

2. Banned
    Why in the cornbread hell do you want to go to that Dead Sea POS? That place is fishing as tough as it can be and has been for a while. You can catch fish perfect size to fit in an aquarium, 3 lb fish is worth it's weight in gold. If you want some fun, head a little further south to Falcon,nasty on the Texas side. They are wackining them down there right now.

3. Member
    Thanks! I will pass that on to the group. I would be for that, but can't speak for the rest of them. Didn't realize that Amistad was fishing so bad?

4. Banned
    If you are into catching dinks that's the place to go, 15lbs won a 50 boat tournament there last week and they had a 6lb kicker. Lots of 7-10lb stringers on five fish. That long of a drive for yall isn't worth it in my opinion.

5. Member
    Wow! What happened to that lake? I never realized it was SO bad! I appreciate the input. I'm driving the farthest. They are coming from Florida and one from Pennsylvania. We probably are stuck there, as we have cabins and slips reserved at this point, but maybe we can make the move to another lake. How about Fork?

6. Banned
    I can't tell you what's going on at Fork sir. Fluctuating water level over the last few years has got it screwed up I believe. I have a two day championship down there in two weeks and other than spending the weekend with my wife I dread going back down there.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Why in the cornbread hell do you want to go to that Dead Sea POS? That place is fishing as tough as it can be and has been for a while. You can catch fish perfect size to fit in an aquarium, 3 lb fish is worth it's weight in gold. If you want some fun, head a little further south to Falcon,nasty on the Texas side. They are wackining them down there right now.
    Chance speaks the truth, might want to go somewhere else that pond is fishing tough !!!!

Debra

8. Member
    Thank you Debra! Did you guys fish there today? If so how did it go?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Thank you Debra! Did you guys fish there today? If so how did it go?
    I'd assume it was tough after what she just wrote.

10. Member
    Thank you Farmerman SO MUCH for the PM on Lake Amistad!! Much appreciated! We are going to head to Amistad anyway, even though it may be fishing tough at present hopefully by next month it will be better!! Thanks to all who replied! Will try to give a couple reports while we are down there fishing. What a great site!

Hey Guys, first off I did not fish Amistad I can catch that size of fish here close to home 13-14" that is Now I know there are some nice ones still there and biting for some, but for years now it just has been to tough to catch any keepers look at all the overall tournament results for the past few years that's proof right there. So for the rest of the year my rig is not headed West its headed South to FALCON !!!!!

NOTE** Looking at my post yesterday morning when I was headed out locally I meant to only refer to the Metro Bass Club Championship was at Amistad Oct 6-7th, sorry it was not I that fished that "Dead Sea".

Debra

12. Member
    I agree with everyone else. I was there in August and won the tourney. It only took about 7 lbs with 5 dinks. If you still go. Try up in Evens Creek area.
    1999 Bullet 20XD
    2017 Merc 250 ProXS

13. Member
    Thank you Bulletman! How far of a run from the Laughlin AFB marina to Evans Creek? I do have a map of the lake.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletman99 View Post
    I agree with everyone else. I was there in August and won the tourney. It only took about 7 lbs with 5 dinks. If you still go. Try up in Evens Creek area.

Damn the tournament (Permian open) we fished had a 5lb winning average.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Damn the tournament (Permian open) we fished had a 5lb winning average.
    That thing wasn't won where you think it was. You had to drive a ways to get there and couldn't do it by boat.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    That thing wasn't won where you think it was. You had to drive a ways to get there and couldn't do it by boat.

I heard 2 different stories on it. One was where you are prob talking about and then an old man claims that story was BS because he claims he saw them up the Rio fishing.

I think the 2 Guys tournament made a rule stating that you could go anywheres, as long as it was accessible from the main lake.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I heard 2 different stories on it. One was where you are prob talking about and then an old man claims that story was BS because he claims he saw them up the Rio fishing.

I think the 2 Guys tournament made a rule stating that you could go anywheres, as long as it was accessible from the main lake.
    That's the way they should have the rule written. i do have some knowledge of the situation and I know where those dish were caught and it wasn't where you mentioned.

You sure like to talk about a lake you hate so much!

19. Banned
    And your point is? Nothing else to talk about is this place.

20. Member
    Im not sure where they won it at, but I was talking to a local during our last club and he told me they unloaded beside them at Box on Sunday morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast