Optimax Reserve oil alarm

My 2002 200hp Opti suddenly started sounding alarm (4 beeps every 4 minutes) showing "Reserve" oil 98% remaining on SmartCraft gauge. Seems like this might only be a sensor fault, since it shows 98% full, yet that also seems as a contradiction.

I have a major tournament in one week and it might be problematic to get this looked at by a mechanic. Is this something I should be concerned about? I am thinking I might ignore it until after tournament.

thanks,
    Bill
    BoBo the Bass Doc
    2015 BassCat Puma
    Ozark Mountain Anglers Bass Club
    Columbia, MO

Could be your engine mounted oil reservoir is not completely full.
    You can loosen the cap while the engine is running and it will fill up.. Soon as it starts to run over (CAREFULLY) tighten the cap...They will strip !!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Could be your engine mounted oil reservoir is not completely full.
    You can loosen the cap while the engine is running and it will fill up.. Soon as it starts to run over (CAREFULLY) tighten the cap...They will strip !!!
    +1. Bleeding air from the Engine Mounted Oil Tank

If that doesn't stop the alarm this is next step - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to Review the Forum Announcements, and update your post with the Required Information.

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor