Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Where has Mercury Marine sunken too🤯

I want to take a moment to vent if you all don’t mind. I like many have been a loyal Mercury customer for 30 years,I purchased a 250 pro xs two years ago this month 9 th motor from Mercury.when Mercury introduced the new four strokes early this year I was excited and place my order paid in full up front like many,many others was told 16-20 weeks waiting time OK well that has come and gone and I am patiently waiting BUT what is bothering me is the constant lies Mercury is telling there dealers and they are lies,I worked for a major manufacturing company as there rep for 40 plus years so I no a thing or two about working with dealers.i found that if I couldn’t do something then tell the truth to my customers so they could do what they needed to do to still take care of their customer.i have talked to my dealer about this weekly and they are embarrassed,frustrated and a few other adjectives I could use but won’t! All of this stems from Mercury not being straight with us the buying public and their dealers and yes I have talked directly with Mercury customer service same B S with and attitude so now I continue to wait but I am looking at other options tomorrow,thanks for letting me have a forum to vent😒

Besides waiting and running what you have till your new one comes in what other options are there? Cancel the order and get a full refund?

3. Member
    Looking at that option in the near future,my issue is what they are doing to their dealers who are small business people who have supported Mercury for 30-40 years they are the ones that are suffering!

4. Member
    Maybe they found a problem with the new engines and they're trying to correct it... quietly.

5. Banned
    Simple solution, if people would quit buying them just because they want the new, then there’d be plenty available.

Simple supply and demand followed by typical responses these days. Go order a Yamaha or Suzuki if you are not happy. Someone else will snatch up your place in line.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yamaha isn't shipping either. Good friend ordered 175 Pro XS 4 stroker in March, still waiting.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Yamaha isn't shipping either. Good friend ordered 175 Pro XS 4 stroker in March, still waiting.
    So did he order the yamaha or mercury? Pro XS is Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    So did he order the yamaha or mercury? Pro XS is Mercury.
    Fred's obviously talking about two things here.....one that Yamaha isn't shipping and a separate comment re a friend that ordered a 175 Pro XS (Mercury) and is still waiting.

10. Member
    Maybe next time just drop the deposit on what you want. That cash you dropped could be making money while the engine is being built.... I can see why you are ranting....I'd be properly upset too
    Hope you are still out fishing while you wait
    Good luck.

11. Member
    I thought the new motor was going to kill every other brand. Lol

12. Member
    If you read the post closely my issue is what they are doing to there dealers not me ,I can assure you I am fishing and as far as the money I deposited , that also is not and issue of for me ,doing quite well thank you Mercury is not being straight with there dealers,they all are not Johnny Morris!

13. Member
    New product roll outs can be a beautiful thing, or they could be a nightmare. My guess is that Mercury found something late in the stage gate process that is delaying the roll out, or they are having problems sourcing part(s), and don't want to throw their vendor under the bus. Imagine what you would be saying if Merc went and forced through the product before it was ready. There are reasons why you don't necessarily have to be up front with every problem that production has.

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Fred's obviously talking about two things here.....one that Yamaha isn't shipping and a separate comment re a friend that ordered a 175 Pro XS (Mercury) and is still waiting.
    Thanks Al, reading is one thing, comprehending is another thing.

Yes my friend ordered a Mercury Pro XS 175 4 stroke in March and is still waiting for it. Here is what he ordered. https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...75-300-pro-xs/

15. Joe4d
    Next time you sign a purchase agreement, ad in a delivery date,,, then add in less dollars you will pay per week after said date..
    If they bulk you know they are liars...

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    Next time you sign a purchase agreement, ad in a delivery date,,, then add in less dollars you will pay per week after said date..

and they will laugh at you all the way to the exit door.

Go ahead and try it. No way it will happen.

18. Member
    I'll bet if the Merc motor you ordered was going on a boat under the umbrella ownership of JM you'd get it...Triton, Ranger,...

19. Member
    In this s scenario, how would this have helped? It’s not the dealers fault at all!

20. Joe4d
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    and they will laugh at you all the way to the exit door.
    Then I would exit,, and tell em to call me when motor shows up. No way in hell I would hand some one thousands of dollars on an "Ok we will call you whenever"..
    Why do business like that.? Why guarantee a delivery date of your money when they cant guarantee a delivery date of product ? I mean I could see a small deposit and a purchase contract,, but dang... Wouldnt fork out full price for them to sit on.

DOnt know the business model, but where does the money sit while waiting ? mercury or the dealership ?
    If you think about it, Merc and or dealerships only do this because people tolerate it.
    Where do you work ? and do you ever do a job that doesnt include an expected completion date?
    Last edited by Joe4d; 10-07-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast