Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Eyra with new Merc. V8

Does anyone out there have an Eyra with a new v8 300hp ?

Love to hear some details about the set up, speeds, props etc.

Thank you
    Last edited by Brandon Jones; 10-06-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Bass Cat just completed using a 4 Stroke 300 Pro XS on an Eyra and speeds were above 80 with livewells, two people and full fuel. The boat does have the Ultrex trolling motor and batteries also. They are awaiting a new 300R Engine to be run on that same exact boat, for an honest comparison, before releasing many details.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Bass Cat just completed using a 4 Stroke 300 Pro XS on an Eyra and speeds were above 80 with livewells, two people and full fuel. The boat does have the Ultrex trolling motor and batteries also. They are awaiting a new 300R Engine to be run on that same exact boat, for an honest comparison, before releasing many details.

BCB
    Sounds like VERY conservative numbers to me ! Its a 300 HP , let the big dog eat !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Runner View Post
    Sounds like VERY conservative numbers to me ! Its a 300 HP , let the big dog eat !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree lol

5. Member
    They have always been a little conservative with the numbers with good reason.

6. Member
    89.9 is still above 80 but not 90!!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Banned

BCB
    Thanks for sharing, in for final results.

8. Member
    Depending on the LU it will be limited to around 85 mph regardless.
    I guaranty it's doing more than 80.1!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Banned
    Curious if the 300R has made it in yet?

They have run the 300R though have only validated it and removed limitations for sale. Anyone can now purchase an Eyra with the 300 Mercury engines.

Can we please hear the numbers of the proxs and the R!!!
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Most of you know well that BCB has almost never released top end numbers on any engine application.

We simply prefer a more conservative approach as we make no guarantee that our performance is the best, nor is that achievable in real world uses. They have not maximized the 300R yet and when they do the numbers will only be a comparison between, and to the 300 Pro XS, though not a maximum achieved.

The numbers drift out there once they get in the field. We do not presently feel the expense and loss of warranty is worth the gain for most on the 300R model.

BCB

13. Member
    Most of you know well that BCB has almost never released top end numbers on any engine application.

We simply prefer a more conservative approach as we make no guarantee that our performance is the best, nor is that achievable in real world uses. They have not maximized the 300R yet and when they do the numbers will only be a comparison between, and to the 300 Pro XS, though not a maximum achieved.

The numbers drift out there once they get in the field. We do not presently feel the expense and loss of warranty is worth the gain for most on the 300R model.

BCB
    Torquemaster or Sportmaster?

14. Banned

BCB
    I'm interested in how much of a difference speed in the two "300s" as the CARB report says the R made 316hp@6250 and the Pro XS made 296hp@5500, both made similar torque 311 and the 313 respectively just the R was at 500 rpm higher 5000 vs 4500 because of the shorter intake runners and different intake cam. So also curious of the holeshot comparison as even though you had 200 more rpm I imagine the 20 more hp required a higher pitch prop unless the difference was less than 2mph. I thought the 300R has a 3 yr warranty now?

On another note the 250hp Pro XS makes 276hp@4750 and 312ftlbs@4500, so the difference between it and the 300 Pro XS is the same as the difference between 300 Pro XS and 300R. The 300 Pro XS could have been marketed as a 275 given the 10% rule.
    Last edited by Wheelman; 12-12-2018 at 11:09 PM.

The gearcase they have is the Sportmaster and there is not significant improvement above the 250 engines. To make them run hard it becomes not normal and acceptable on setups, weights, equipment and fuel. In bass fishing the days of a pocket rocket are mostly done. Today it’s about realistic performance improvements over other products and having realistic loads to achieve that.

The gearcase they have is the Sportmaster and there is not significant improvement above the 250 engines. To make them run hard it becomes not normal and acceptable on setups, weights, equipment and fuel. In bass fishing the days of a pocket rocket are mostly done. Today it’s about realistic performance improvements over other products and having realistic loads to achieve that.
    I dont know what you mean by pocket rocket bass boats but, there are 21' Allisons, Bullets and Strokers out there running over 90 loaded with poles, full fuel tanks/wells and loaded with gear. Thats as realistically loaded as it gets. I thought the Eyra was supposed to be a sort of cross over hull for people looking for a little bit more performance than what was offered in the other 20'+ boats offered by Basscat? A 300R on a Eyra should be a very safe hot set up. Very disappointed to hear the results arent better than a 250 with a standard gear case.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 12-13-2018 at 12:49 PM.

17. Member
    I understand what BCB is saying. I have owned current motor 3 years and have only put a top end wheel on for 2 trips. Its nice to know mid 90s are possible, but my favorite props top out at 86 or 91 and aruch bettereverywhere else

The post does not say it didn’t gain, just that in our opinion it is not worth the cost.

19. Member
    I'm happy with 80 ish with my Puma/SHO.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I dont know what you mean by pocket rocket bass boats but, there are 21' Allisons, Bullets and Strokers out there running over 90 loaded with poles, full fuel tanks/wells and loaded with gear. Thats as realistically loaded as it gets. I thought the Eyra was supposed to be a sort of cross over hull for people looking for a little bit more performance than what was offered in the other 20'+ boats offered by Basscat? A 300R on a Eyra should be a very safe hot set up. Very disappointed to hear the results arent better than a 250 with a standard gear case.
    BCB didn't infer that there weren't any pocket rockets available, just not much market for them.
    Most of the posts for speeds and set ups on bullets, Allisons and Strokers are 2005 or older. Very few new models posted. Yes, they sell new boats, but it kinda makes BCB's point.
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 12-15-2018 at 12:52 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast