Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    BCB didn't infer that there weren't any pocket rockets available, just not much market for them.
    Most of the posts for speeds and set ups on bullets, Allisons and Strokers are 2005 or older. Very few new models posted. Yes, they sell new boats, but it kinda makes BCB's point.
    I disagree with the fact that most are 2005 and older. Maybe on this BBC but, not in the real world today. BCB infered that the days of fast bass boats was pretty much over. I disagree with that statement. The big three were there 20 years ago, here today and will be for the forseeable future. I was under the impression that BCB were a cut above those other mass produced boats. Are they saying we are just like all the rest?

To those last 2 comments:

This week we just received the new Q3 report on the actual number of Allison and Bullets registered in a rolling 12 month calendar window. We printed that number on Bass Boat Central back in early 2011 or so... we were chastised for a fake number that was less than 100 Boats overall for those three (3) brands. The number we received last month is registrations by state and the number is smaller than it was almost 10 years ago.

While many know the true range of registration numbers today, if we told the true number of registrations ourselves we would be accused of talking negatively about those brands. Those numbers really are smaller when the bass boat market is still regrowing and recovering. Though we did see 2 state pockets of single digit growth for one brand.

3. Member
    At the end of the day 300HP is 300hp so speeds should be similar. The new sportmaster will present new setup requirements but

1. The new 300 sounds bad ass
    2. I think it looks great
    3. The setup will be figured out
    4. Also it seems the v8 are making peak power closer to the 6400 rev limiter instead of near 5800/5900 making shorter props/gears more viable which is a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    To those last 2 comments:

This week we just received the new Q3 report on the actual number of Allison and Bullets registered in a rolling 12 month calendar window. We printed that number on Bass Boat Central back in early 2011 or so... we were chastised for a fake number that was less than 100 Boats overall for those three (3) brands. The number we received last month is registrations by state and the number is smaller than it was almost 10 years ago.
    So you are saying there are less than 100 Stroker, Allison and Bullet bass boats registered in the US? Not calling you out just asking for clarification to make sure I understand the statement correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So you are saying there are less than 100 Stroker, Allison and Bullet bass boats registered in the US? Not calling you out just asking for clarification to make sure I understand the statement correctly.
    No I believe he’s saying new registrations and I’d almost bet that it’s spot on with what he’s saying. I saw the numbers a couple years ago and was shocked how few were sold in a calendar year.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    At the end of the day 300HP is 300hp so speeds should be similar. The new sportmaster will present new setup requirements but

1. The new 300 sounds bad ass
    2. I think it looks great
    3. The setup will be figured out
    4. Also it seems the v8 are making peak power closer to the 6400 rev limiter instead of near 5800/5900 making shorter props/gears more viable which is a plus
    See post 14 as I don't think you read it judging by what you wrote.

I wish Basscat would just state the difference in speeds they saw between the two "300hp" engines, I understand not releasing a speed as its winter time and the air is good though full wells, gas and a partner should be on the lower end of the topspeed spectrum. Sounds like it broke 85 as I would expect if a Sportmaster was chosen, always thought that wasn't recommended though maybe the increased lowend torque or it's newer design makes it less of a problem?
    Last edited by Wheelman; 12-15-2018 at 08:44 PM.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    No I believe he’s saying new registrations and I’d almost bet that it’s spot on with what he’s saying. I saw the numbers a couple years ago and was shocked how few were sold in a calendar year.
    Agreed, outboards getting increasingly heavier isn't helping out the lightweight pocket rockets sell either.

Yes, annual new registrations. Less than 100 in a calendar season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Yes, annual new registrations. Less than 100 in a calendar season.
    I completely agree and have never thought they sold as many as the main steam builders. But, even some of the biggest names of main stream builders have been disappeared the last several years.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 12-19-2018 at 01:05 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I completely agree and have never thought they sold as many as the main steam builders. But, even the some of the biggest names of the main stream builders have been disappearing the last several years.
    The point made is while annual bass boat sales are growing, (most manufacturers have added to their facilities to accommodate this, including BCB)Bullet, Allison, and Stroker sales are stagnant. Once again, BCB market strategy is on target.

In the real world of Bass Boats I believe the Eyra with the new 300 is going to be the speed champ.
    Pocket Rockets go to the Allison!
    Last edited by Cajunhunter67; 12-16-2018 at 04:16 AM.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    The point made is while annual bass boat sales are growing, (most manufacturers have added to their facilities to accommodate this, including BCB)Bullet, Allison, and Stroker sales are stagnant. Once again, BCB market strategy is on target.

In the real world of Bass Boats I believe the Eyra with the new 300 is going to be the speed champ.
    Pocket Rockets go to the Allison!
    I did not read any of that the way you did. Sound to me like Basscat is no different than a Ranger, Nitro, Stratos, Skeeter insert name of whatever mainstream boat you want here. Like I stated from the start. I thought the Eyra was supposed to be a cut above the rest and attract a buyer looking for a ride that had a bit more than all the others. Looks like I was wrong. Bullet, Allison and Stroker have never and never will be a player in the sales market like the mainsteam builders. Not sure what I am missing here as far as that goes.

The Eyra gives a real edge on handling and feel while referring it as a “bridge boat” many times, ever since the first prototype popped up at the Bassmasters Classic. It bridges traditional bass Boats in handling, will run well with a 200 HP and has potential to share handling many pocket rocket anglers want in the feel. It performs well on rough water and turns extremely well. Run it empty it scoots enough... run it moderately loaded and it will outperform many rigs and surprise lots of folks. Run it heavy and it’s not much different in performance than other BCB models.

The hull is held back intentionally by some tweaks in the hull design that were in there from the get-go. They refer to it as a governor in the hull. The product might be able to eclipse numbers mentioned in the right conditions, though BCB is not interested in sharing data to express that.

The market is just too small to spend time and resources chasing what would in estimation be 7% to 12% of a sub 100 boat market. Why they don’t really care to focus on that is pretty simple.

The boat does what it was intended to do and has seen significant market share to support that.

13. Member
    The eyra is an exceptional platform! That being said, I'd pay a pretty penny to have that hull governor removed!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

14. Member
    From reading this, I assume the Eyra hull is quicker than the Puma hull, correct?

Yes
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

16. Member
    Wow, the old bull dawg was really getting worked up over the pocket rockets. Wonder if he owns one of those companies or something.

17. Member
    He does. As do I, probably looking for any and all information on the 300 r as I have been as well. So far the 300 r without special $1800 max 5 or $5000 cnc prop with the larger diameter sporty is slower than the optis with these high dollar props then becomes faster...

I really love the sound and idea. The other information missing is data logged
    acceleration times. Seat of the pants does not cut it as 9 out of 10 times afloat holeshot fools the driver...

I know my 21’ 93” wide xb21 with 250 is approx 18-20 to 85 and 20-22 seconds to 90 when trying for a quick pass.

This is the type of information wanted

18. Banned
    He does. As do I, probably looking for any and all information on the 300 r as I have been as well. So far the 300 r without special $1800 max 5 or $5000 cnc prop with the larger diameter sporty is slower than the optis with these high dollar props then becomes faster...

acceleration times. Seat of the pants does not cut it as 9 out of 10 times afloat holeshot fools the driver...

I know my 21’ 93” wide xb21 with 250 is approx 18-20 to 85 and 20-22 seconds to 90 when trying for a quick pass.

I know it's not the same dyno, but saw a post from Dave Busch saying the 300XS made 306hp so the R makes 10 more and the new Pro XS 10 less.

19. Member
    Point is 10hp is 1 mph maybe 1.5 more if the new gearcase as hydrodynamically effieincimt
    As the smaller 3.0 liter sportmaster.

I also really like the idea of electric shift.. shift 30 and 30p props makes me cringe.

20. Member

That's some smoking acceleration!!
    I know there was a Video of one of the Eyra owners with a 250 SHO non-tuned. I believe he was a tad over 30 seconds to 83 mph. That was loaded, power poles and livewells full.
    I'm not sure how the new 300 Merc would perform?
    I never though about shifting with a 30 prop. That has to hurt every time. Electric shifting would smooth that out I believe.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast