solix 15 si screen keeps locking up

It will read just fine then screen just locks up. It will do it on 2d sonar, down imagining or side imagining. it may freeze up after 5 minutes or it may work for 30 minutes but it freezes up every time. I have to turn it off and back on and then it will work for a few then lock up again. Any suggestions? This is the unit at the console. The solix 15 at the bow works just fine.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmelson View Post
    It will read just fine then screen just locks up. It will do it on 2d sonar, down imagining or side imagining. it may freeze up after 5 minutes or it may work for 30 minutes but it freezes up every time. I have to turn it off and back on and then it will work for a few then lock up again. Any suggestions? This is the unit at the console. The solix 15 at the bow works just fine.
    I'd check supply voltage. The Solixs consume a lot of power and will act up if they don't have a steady supply of it.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Swap the displays to see if the issue moves with the unit or remains at the console.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Have you done a factory restore?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

5. Member
    The units are wired directly to the starting battery with 10 gauge wire. I have not done a factory restore. May have to try that and see if it helps. If that doesn’t work I will try swapping the units. I had hummingbirds on my last boat but these new solix ones have been a major pain for me to get to work right. I am not the most tech savvy guy but I feel like these units are a bit temperamental for my liking. I feel like I need lessons to figure all this out.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    They can be frustrating at first getting them dialed in but once you do they are awesome
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    I feel your pain. I have two Solix 15's on my 2018 Phoenix. These units are networked with a 360, ultrex and gps heading sensor. I have had nothing but problems since the first time on the water. And eight months later problems still not resolved. My units lock up constantly. Humminbird blames power problem (I ran a dedicated power source from battery and still had same problem) Phoenix says its a Humminbird problem. You really hope ordering a new boat that you wouldn't have this many issues. I have called Humminbird and the local humminbird rep for help and still not resolved. I have also took the boat back to the dealer and they replaced the network hub. Picked the boat up and drove 200 miles to a tournament within 15 minutes on the water the front unit lock-up. All of the electronics on my boat was installed at the factory. The only way that I can get these units to function is completely run them independently off the network, and they will run all day with no problems. I have no idea on what to do at this point. If I plug the network cable back into the Head unit it will lock-up within 30 minutes. I am not wanting to bash Humminbird or Phoenix just looking for any advise on these types of problems.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymo12 View Post
    I feel your pain. I have two Solix 15's on my 2018 Phoenix. These units are networked with a 360, ultrex and gps heading sensor. I have had nothing but problems since the first time on the water. And eight months later problems still not resolved. My units lock up constantly. Humminbird blames power problem (I ran a dedicated power source from battery and still had same problem) Phoenix says its a Humminbird problem. You really hope ordering a new boat that you wouldn't have this many issues. I have called Humminbird and the local humminbird rep for help and still not resolved. I have also took the boat back to the dealer and they replaced the network hub. Picked the boat up and drove 200 miles to a tournament within 15 minutes on the water the front unit lock-up. All of the electronics on my boat was installed at the factory. The only way that I can get these units to function is completely run them independently off the network, and they will run all day with no problems. I have no idea on what to do at this point. If I plug the network cable back into the Head unit it will lock-up within 30 minutes. I am not wanting to bash Humminbird or Phoenix just looking for any advise on these types of problems.

have you tried to restore defaults then power off then back on and then going through the re syncing process? Also can try a start up sequence by powering up the ethernet switch then one unit fully boot up then the next.

9. Member
    My Solix is the same way. Runs perfect stand alone but on the network it will eventually freeze. I don’t have any issues with either Onix or the Helix locking up.

10. Member
    Try waiting for 2 minutes after powering up the ethernet, then do the same as you power up each unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbp View Post
    My Solix is the same way. Runs perfect stand alone but on the network it will eventually freeze. I don’t have any issues with either Onix or the Helix locking up.
    Does the ONIX and SOLIX have the same software version?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I was having similar problems. Here are several things to try. First swap your units around and see if the problem stays at the bow. If so, let HB know and they should send you a new ducer.

Next thing is to factory reset each unit and then turn both off. Configure the console, turning off all auto configure options under network options. Manually configure these. Turn the unit off and do the same for the bow unit. Turn that off. Then turn on your console and let it boot until it picks up gps signal. Then turn on your bow unit. When it boots up you’ll get a message to configure the network. Make th console your master and don’t let it set any global options.

I think this is the method I read on here that ended up eliminating my lockup’s. It’s a royal pain, but better than the lockup’s.

Edit - found the post.....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=900386&page=2

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

13. Member
    Thanks guys i will try these suggestions this weekend and let you know the out come.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX