2018 z19 wet compartments

Any time I fish/travel in the rain (a steady rain) my compartments get wet. Seems to be a common issue. Is there an easy fix? Having to let them air out over several days is a PITA and takes forever the cooler the weather gets.

2. Member
    From what I've found its either leaking from the latches or through the rub rail. A little silicone around either one should fix it.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

Tighten the latches where they are installed through the hole in the door (as the carpet breaks in they will become loose), after that adjust the spinning part of the latch to compress the door better( as the carpet here also wears in), if you go to far either way you will notice it won't work well, won't hurt anything by doing it wrong
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Ok. Thanks. I'll try that.

5. Member
    I’d verify your latches are set up properly causing a positive seal. The dealer I bought from didn’t touch my latches had a ton of slop on all my compartments
    Nitro z21

6. Member

Not needed on a nitro style locker. Just need to tighten a couple thing up

8. Member
    Then a lot of z19s need tightening. Mine leak too.

They all need tightening after use, they start tight but as the carpet wears they get loose in both spots I mentioned only way they can be tight from factory for life would be no carpet, also your dealer is the one who sets up the patches upon sale, not the factory the factory just slaps it together, side note dealers normally won't set the boat up till it's sold even on the showroom floor- encase they trade it away( not there choice, they would have labor tied up with no return)

10. Member
    Latches on my Z21 leaked. The issue was the carpet. They did not trim the carpet around the latches. The seal on the latch was resting on carpet. When it rained, the water just went through the carpet under the latch seal. I took the latches out, trimmed the carpet away and replaced the latches. Problem solved.