Thread: Genesis Live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Genesis Live

I have recently upgraded to 18.2 version and have question about Genesis live.

They say all you need is a SD card and you can chart. Is this true? I was on the lake last night and it maps on my unit (HDS gen 3) but how do you save it? or do you have to have card in every time you go to the water???

2. Member
    Genesis Live will not show up on your overlay list until you put an SD card in for it to record. That is where its saved when using.

3. Member
    So, is the auto chart live and genesis live the same thing?

4. Member
    No it says genesis live on the menu . Auto chart is for Navionics only, functionally both are similar

5. Member
    Both Navionics Sonarcharts Live and Genesis Live are saved to your memorycard, and as mentioned earlier in the thread none of them will start (or show) if there is no memorycard in the unit.

For units with two memorycardreaders (HDS) you can have both a blank (or C-Map) memorycard and a Navionics memorycard in the unit at the same time, and choose live-mapping accordingly. But the memorycard for Genesis has to be in cardholder 1, not number 2, for this to work.

6. Member
    I got the mapping to work. Im just wondering how to record it? When leaving the lake yesterday I did not record anything. Will I have to turn on genesis live again to see the mapping I did? or will I have to chart areas all over again?

If the card you were using previously is in the unit, it will show what you mapped previously, when you enable Genesis Live overlay.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Both Navionics Sonarcharts Live and Genesis Live are saved to your memorycard, and as mentioned earlier in the thread none of them will start (or show) if there is no memorycard in the unit.

For units with two memorycardreaders (HDS) you can have both a blank (or C-Map) memorycard and a Navionics memorycard in the unit at the same time, and choose live-mapping accordingly. But the memorycard for Genesis has to be in cardholder 1, not number 2, for this to work.
    I am about to ask a dumb question, but here goes:
    How do I know which cardholder slot is what number?

9. Member
    I have done gl on cards in either slot with no issues including recording logs in the other slot same time both flawlessly. Would like to see the documentation on the which slot issue.

10. Member
    I've made a detailed chart of the main area I fish (sea fishing), with Insight Genesis over the last couple of years, and have logged further around the boundries of it this year. The idea being to get a months subscription to C-Map and upload the logs and update the chart. The question is though, will Genesis Live update this chart and do away with having to upload logs to C-map or will I have to start another chart from scratch? Also will I be able to change the colour palette the same as I can do on my Insight Genesis chart?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgy507 View Post
    I am about to ask a dumb question, but here goes:
    How do I know which cardholder slot is what number?
    By looking at them. ;)
    Left is 1, right is 2 in my unit.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    I have done gl on cards in either slot with no issues including recording logs in the other slot same time both flawlessly. Would like to see the documentation on the which slot issue.
    Just put a Navionics in the other and you’ll soon see documentation...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strayuk View Post
    The question is though, will Genesis Live update this chart and do away with having to upload logs to C-map or will I have to start another chart from scratch? Also will I be able to change the colour palette the same as I can do on my Insight Genesis chart?
    GL does not effect the original map in any way.
    If you want your Genesis map to be updated, not just the GL, then yes you need to upload sonarlogs as before.
    Yes, you can customize the palette for GL just as for Genesis.

14. Member
    Thanks for the reply, so I'll just use my Insight Genesis map till I've recharted the area usinging Genesis live.
    Another question, If I upgrade my unit would I still be able to use the Genesis live map, also would it work in an older Elite model?

15. Scraps
    Messed with this Friday. Amazing how much more detail is available than just the Navionics map. Much more valuable update than the FishReveal.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Can you share Genisis Live with the bow unit if you have an ethernet cable? Similar to Navionics. Can you also structure map at the same time?

17. Member
    No, GL does not share over ethernet. You can share by copying the memorycard and inserting that in the other unit.

Has anyone tried this? The guy made a Genesis Live map. Then he made a structure map using his 3d transducer. Now, I do not know if you need to make a Genesis Live map first or if you can simply make a structure map using your 3D transducer but wow...I have never seen such a clear structure map? Interesting he states that you can only do this using an HDS Carbon (no 3rd gens) and you must use a 3D transducer (No LSS-2).

19. Member
    Overlay Structure has been a feature for quite a while now, I think even on the Gen3's...and don't think you need 3D Ducer to do it, Actually think you can do it w/ an HDI, so long as you have a DS transducer...but maybe I am wrong.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Right, but this clear?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast