Buckley Airforce Base

Is there any lakes around Buckley Air Force Base that you can go bass fishing with or without boat? Might be getting stationed there this summer.

2. Member
    Aurora and Quincy are close. Aurora can take a boat and has a launch ramp but its all electric. Quincy all boats have to be hand launched. No trailer can touch the water. Either one you can also bank fish.
    Rocky Flats isn't too far away and has bass but I've never fished there. Cherry Creek is also pretty close but is better for walleye than bass. Chatfield is a little further away on the west side of town but you can almost always put a few smallmouth in the boat.

There is some great trout fishing in the area too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Get used to trout and walleye too.

5. Member
    Quincy is one of the best bass lakes in CO. It's also one of the toughest to fish. It is small (only about 3 miles to walk around the whole thing), but there isn't a lot of shore access unless you have waders. A small jon boat or belly boat does wonders. 4lbers are pretty common, and there's 5, 6, 7lbers in it, probably bigger.

Aurora you can put a big boat on, but have to run trolling motor only. Wind can get fierce quick. Very clear water (I've seen brush piles 30'+ deep). big smallies, big largemouth, big walleye. If you can find them.

cherry creek skip on for bass. I've caught bass there, but they aren't frequent.

Chatfield is ~45 min away from the rest, but probably best bet. Tons of smallies, some good ones and good largemouth. Trout and walleye are about everywhere in CO.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Can't wait to get back to some bass fishing!

7. Member
    Feel free to shoot me a message when you get here. I live ~5 minutes from Aurora and Quincy. Have fished Q for a long time and know every hump and rock in that (small) lake.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Milehibird sounds good I'll be in touch around July!