True Vault hubs? Any buddy have a rear seal leak?

Notic on my trailer grease around the inerwheel. Took it to a Phonix dealer that said he could fix the True Vault HUbs. Long story short he said I would have to replace the whole axle on the trailer because they are not servacible. I asked him why they sell parts on there web site if you cant service them? So has anybody have the rear seal repaired on this hub? I personally think he is full of BS. This means ounce you have a leak at8 to 10 years you will have to spend $1000 dollars to replace both axles. Not what I imaged Phoenix would use this set up if this is true. Any help would be appreciated.

I have two that need to be replaced. Ordered parts on line. It’s not that difficult. The only way I could see needing to replace your axle is 1) your dealer has no idea what he’s talking about (most plausible). 2) your bearings disintegrated and you drove miles and miles ignoring the horrible grinding noise coming from you wheel 3) you have money to throw around

I”d find another place to do the repairs or do it yourself.

See the sticky for parts info.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

That is what I felt. He had no clue what he is doing. I took it in at the first sign of grease. I dont like my equipment unkept. Phoenix should check this dealership out. He also told me they switched trailer company and dont use the vault system any more. I look at Phoenix web site and it shows they still use them.

4. Member
    My 2019 919 has Vault hubs

Run Forest! Not a bad idea to talk to someone at Phoenix about that dealer. Marine Master still uses Vault hubs. Vault is as good as any. Parts cost is comparable. Not any different to fix than most hubs. Sure, UFP ses different grease... I’ll keep using them.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

6. Member
    I wouldn't be going back to that dealer. Consider yourself lucky that you didnt let him work on your motor

7. Member
    I have a 2012 Ranger and it also has the UFP Vault hubs. Torsion axle with one bolt then disconnect brake line and drop the entire hub assy. I swapped my complete hub assy with brakes and bled in less than an hour. I’d look somewhere else. These hubs are serviceable. I could have rebuilt the hub but it looked like the rotor got hot and smoked the seals so I wasn’t taking a chance. Glad to share any learnings if you need anything. Take care.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty