Thread: Bass report...

Bass report...

Thought I would bring you guys up to date on fishing this week. Friend and I fished East Lake Toho Monday, caught 17 and best 5 were 23.4, wife and I fished a local (big fish) lake Wed. and caught 14 with best 5 at 37.8 and wife and I fished Conway this morning and caught 31 on crankbaits, best 5 @ 14.2. So, fishing is still good. You just have to get out there and find them.

2. Member
    Dang! good report man. We are de-summerizing the boat now and headed out this weekend for the first 'real' trip after a couple months in the air conditioning. Thanks for the report!

3. Member
    What were you catching them on at Toho?

Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Thought I would bring you guys up to date on fishing this week. Friend and I fished East Lake Toho Monday, caught 17 and best 5 were 23.4, wife and I fished a local (big fish) lake Wed. and caught 14 with best 5 at 37.8 and wife and I fished Conway this morning and caught 31 on crankbaits, best 5 @ 14.2. So, fishing is still good. You just have to get out there and find them.

4. Banned
    Did You turn on the electronics? If 'Yes' water tempš

5. Member
    East Lake Toho - water temp. at daylight 81 by 11 am 86 Lure: Strike King menance and stick-o style bait

Local Fish & Wild life bass managed lake - water temp at daylight 81 by 10:30 am 85

L. Conway - water temp. at daylight 82 by 10:30 84 Lure: crankbait and stick-o wacky rigged in 17 ft to 24 ft.

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Dang, solid report Bill!! It's nice to have nearby options!! Wish I knew East Lake a little better.. Never do that good out there and due to stubbornness, seem to always end up in the same spots.

7. Banned
    Garcias (Abu and Larry)

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Nice report! I’m glad someone is sticking the big ones! Crossing my fingers my plan for tomorrow works...I know there are numbers and big bass in this little lake...just have to find them! Then again I tied a swim jig on my favorite pole so I won’t catch anything...you know who I’m talking to!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Mickstix, there is nothing wrong with fishing regular areas but save a little time to fish a new locations on the body of water you are fishing. The way to find fish is to eliminate areas you haven't fished before.

10. Member
    Sounds like fun! I need to get my butt out one day.

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well I boated 9 today and 4 chain pickerel which is weird because I’ve never caught a chain pickerel in Lamd O’ Lakes. They would not hit a topwater even though they were exploding all around us, I was confused. Got a couple on a squarebill, couple on a jerkbait, 4 on a swim jig and one...as I approached the boat ramp and realized I never picked my spinnerbait pole up so I made one cast to the small piling at the boat ramp and pulled a 3.5 in.

My brother had 1 hit, he was/is very perplexed right now. We were off the water before 11 so I can’t complain other than all the eel grass that is coming us has my trailer looking like a jungle...gonna suck to clean!

Hope you guys had bent poles today!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Banned
    How did You ever catch them on a swim jig?

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Do you really want me to tell all your secrets? I did thank you in front of everyone!

For real, you did steer me in the right direction for sure!

I watched the videos and read all the articles but until I stopped jigging it and just let the lure do its work I was lost! The jig I was using last week has no paint left from all the teeth marks yet I didn’t hook ONE of those fish, the jig I used today looks brand new, never changed the trailer and doesn’t have a mark on it after 4 bass and 3 pickerel. I was definitely working the lure wrong and now I have full confidence I have another tool instead of just tackle.

14. Banned
    Glad it worked out for Y'all.

Did You get a chance to check the durability of the BDB?

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Oh yeah, the BDB are the real deal, and they stink! Their frogs sound like a buzzbait, can’t wait for the bass to move up so I can throw these more! One of the 5” trailers was still good after 4 bass and 3 pickerel and that’s saying a lot with those teeth! It stayed rigged right all morning and the hook point stayed in its pocket for the 4 hours I used it.

Glad I can support a Florida company now.

Oh, I got 1 of their spinnerbaits too and I caught 1 3.5lb’er on the 1 cast I made with it so I’m liking them right now.

16. Banned
    If You get around to another order, that 3.5" will also kick up a storm and works great when You want to 'downsize'..

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    How did You ever catch them on a swim jig?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles