Setback plate on a Ranger RB190 bay boat

Looking for some advice I have a '18 Ranger RB 190 bay boat and I'm trying to mount my Mega SI transducer but my motor is a little to close to the transom. So I'm thinking about a 4'' set back plate for 2 reasons mainly to get motor away from the transom and I'm also wanting to mount my transducer to it with a L bracket and mount from Shield and Saver (plus don't have to drill any holes in my transom) this was the setup I had on my glass boat and it seemed to work out great and I didn't have to worry so much about hitting something with it. I've got a call into Ranger to make sure it wouldn't void the warranty and to see if my local boat place can install it (he is not a Ranger dealer) I just wanted to see if anybody had any advice or has done this and to see if I was missing anything thanks for any help.

2. Member
    I have a 4" set back on mine for the same reason, as long as it's dealer installed it should be ok.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcarl61 View Post
    I have a 4" set back on mine for the same reason, as long as it's dealer installed it should be ok.
    I talked to Scott Ricks yesterday and they didn't have a problem with my local boat place doing he install (which is not a new boat dealer what so ever) which one did you use and was your hydraulic steering cables long enough or did you have to change anything else ?

4. Member
    It was just a setback plate, no hydraulic and I believe it was called a panther, can't remember the mfg, I'll have to check. Everything with the steering worked and it is actually better, now all the cables lie in the splashwell and not on the deck. If you have hydraulic steering just be careful of the fittings if you trim up the motor to high, don't ask me how I know this.

5. Member
    [QUOTE=quikcarl61;9710819]It was just a setback plate, no hydraulic and I believe it was called a panther, can't remember the mfg, I'll have to check. Everything with the steering worked and it is actually better, now all the cables lie in the splashwell and not on the deck. If you have hydraulic steering just be careful of the fittings if you trim up the motor to high, don't ask me how I know this.[/QUOTE ] Thanks that's all I'm wanting is a setback plate and yes I do have the hydraulic steering so thanks for the info on trimming up to high.