Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hydrilla management discussion - FWC

Received this mail from FWC a couple of days ago. Thought it was interesting. Seems they are welcoming public input on hydrilla management.

anyone going?

Don't strain your eyes....here's the link: https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2117b48
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

2. Member
    LOL! They won't listen to a thing you have to say. I went to a couple when they were destroying Istokpoga along with many others there. What good did that do? They completely destroyed that lake.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Just another opportunity for them to hold a sermon on how it's all a necessary/helpful process.. "No harm is being done to the water quality or fishing habitat.. Our paid biologists say so!!"

Next up on FWC's "Operation mud hole" list:

4. Member
    Waste of time... It's like talking to a wall.
    Brad Krone

5. Banned
    Hez- If You ever get over this way, see if You can find the house where the guy yelled at the poison squirters "Not In My Backyard"!!! It 'may' be greener than the rest.

* Evidently the 'Invasive' They MUST squirt carcinogens.

6. Member
    The meeting is just for “show” as are all other FWC meetings calling for public input.

”Somebody” is making a boatload of money by spraying ! Everything has already been decided and the public meeting is just window dressing.

Somebody please tell me when the FWC did something to make fishing better, other than drawdowns !

There is a very good reason FWC stands for Florida’s Worst Commission ! They continue to earn that monicker on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Hez- If You ever get over this way, see if You can find the house where the guy yelled at the poison squirters "Not In My Backyard"!!! It 'may' be greener than the rest.

* Evidently the 'Invasive' They MUST squirt carcinogens.
    Will do Lew!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    They might hear you, but we all know they won’t listen. They have to do this to justify their existence...we all know this. However we can’t complain if we don’t participate in the process...just my .02!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    I'd really like to buy the management team new swimsuits for use in the St John's while it's being sprayed.

10. Member
    I'd like to add something but y'all have said it all. FWC doesn't give a shit about what we have to say.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    LoL.. Now they're trying to disguise the poison spraying as "Aquatic Habitat Restoration"..

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    They make it sound like they’re fighting the good fight that’s for sure! I just want to know how the bass will bed when there’s 8-10 inches of gunk on the bottom....and I want the answer to be better than “somewhere else”.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    LOL! They won't listen to a thing you have to say. I went to a couple when they were destroying Istokpoga along with many others there. What good did that do? They completely destroyed that lake.
    Sure Did

14. Banned
    According to a friend of mine they have been in Orange spraying the shit out of it. Id like to take the sprayer and shove it down their throats or better yet take a gallon of the hydrilla killing chemical and make them drink it. After all, they say it isn't toxic so drink up. I HATE THOSE BASTAGESS.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    According to a friend of mine they have been in Orange spraying the shit out of it. Id like to take the sprayer and shove it down their throats or better yet take a gallon of the hydrilla killing chemical and make them drink it. After all, they say it isn't toxic so drink up. I HATE THOSE BASTAGESS.
    AMEN!!!!! Great the already crappy looking Orange Lake will be worse now.
    Brad Krone

Anyone know if the are spraying Lochloosa as well, or just Orange?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Anyone know if the are spraying Lochloosa as well, or just Orange?
    Go fish Lochloosa. If you catch plenty of fish, post it here. FWC will order up some spray, just for you.
    Seems they've waged a war on quality fishing, not just invasive vegetation in navigational areas.
    At this point, if they could crank up the pumps enough, the contractors would spray the trees nearby.

18. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Sweet! FWC Gonna "Restore" the Kissimmee chain next!!

19. Member
    If thats what they do to restore habitat I sure would hate to see what they would do if they were to destroy habitat.

20. Member
    So I guess their idea of restoring habitat is killing every weed or lilly in the lake, creating muck, silt and diarrhea looking water.
    Brad Krone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast