Thread: ok its here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I'll take that bet every day of the week. I'll put $1,000 on it.

Have you ever grabbed a piece of white painted aluminum that has been sitting in the sun for 30 minutes on a warm day? I did this summer, it was as bad as trying to handle a hot potato fresh out of the oven. Granted for this cooler lid, you will have ice sitting under it so that could help keep it cool, but the sun will most definitely heat it up and that energy will transfer into the cooler and melt the ice.

Point is, it needs a layer of insulation that is profile cut to fit inside the gasketed lip and it will greatly increase the efficiency of the cooler. Even a layer of carpet over the cooler helps provide some insulating factor but there isn't carpet in the center console versions.
    So by your reasoning, you won't be able to stand barefooted on the deck of the 1980CC within 30 minutes of exposure to the sun on a warm day? Am I understanding this correctly?
    Last edited by SeaBass0112; 10-05-2018 at 10:27 AM.

2. Member
    Sclark, Is there storage under the rear seats? Do you know if you can get a recessed TM pedal?

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snodogg View Post
    Sclark, Is there storage under the rear seats? Do you know if you can get a recessed TM pedal?
    since this is a brand new boat, we have limited options available for it, with that being said.
    there is no storage under the jump seats, and it is not offered with a recessed trolling motor pedal. (you can get a trolling motor with a pedal, just not recessed)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I'll take that bet every day of the week. I'll put $1,000 on it.

Have you ever grabbed a piece of white painted aluminum that has been sitting in the sun for 30 minutes on a warm day? I did this summer, it was as bad as trying to handle a hot potato fresh out of the oven. Granted for this cooler lid, you will have ice sitting under it so that could help keep it cool, but the sun will most definitely heat it up and that energy will transfer into the cooler and melt the ice.

Point is, it needs a layer of insulation that is profile cut to fit inside the gasketed lip and it will greatly increase the efficiency of the cooler. Even a layer of carpet over the cooler helps provide some insulating factor but there isn't carpet in the center console versions.
    Yes, things get hot sitting in the sun. My understanding is the spray on coating is UV stable and will reflect it too. It shouldn't be as hot as bare aluminum.

They aren't advertising this as a cooler with 5 days ice retention like your Yeti. But my experience with cheap coolers tells me holding ice and keeping things chilled for 1 day wont be an issue. And i'm sure Vexus has tested their insulated bins before.... This "cooler" isn't new. Exact same construction as the other bins.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    since this is a brand new boat, we have limited options available for it, with that being said.
    there is no storage under the jump seats, and it is not offered with a recessed trolling motor pedal. (you can get a trolling motor with a pedal, just not recessed)
    Thanks for the clarification. It looks like a great design and layout. I get that these are mainly marketed to saltwater markets...I think if there were a few more refinements the popularity of these center consoles would increase among freshwater anglers. I am looking forward to seeing more cc models roll out as suggested in the video!

6. bayousmallie
    That won’t happen until after the beginning of next year.

7. Member
    I've been eagerly awaiting this release, and had hoped to trade in my new 2018 Nitro Z19 Sport for this... But, while this seems to be a VERY well built and quality boat, I'm bummed that it doesn't appear to suit my style of fishing, as a dedicated striper boat. No room for a shad tank, and the integrated livewell will not keep shad -- and is kinda worthless outside of cooler space. Appears to be waaay more shallow than an RB190 - more along the lines of the SWS shallow water model bay line offered by Xpress. This is likely an awesome boat, but it's not a tin that I can pile in a few guys and tons of gear, go out in 4' swells on Smith Mountain Lake, and then tuck back into my scant 22" deep garage. The search continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Greywalls View Post
    I've been eagerly awaiting this release, and had hoped to trade in my new 2018 Nitro Z19 Sport for this... But, while this seems to be a VERY well built and quality boat, I'm bummed that it doesn't appear to suit my style of fishing, as a dedicated striper boat. No room for a shad tank, and the integrated livewell will not keep shad -- and is kinda worthless outside of cooler space. Appears to be waaay more shallow than an RB190 - more along the lines of the SWS shallow water model bay line offered by Xpress. This is likely an awesome boat, but it's not a tin that I can pile in a few guys and tons of gear, go out in 4' swells on Smith Mountain Lake, and then tuck back into my scant 22" deep garage. The search continues...
    It sounds like you are searching for a unicorn. Good luck with your search.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Greywalls View Post
    I live near near the NJ Shore and just attended a local boat show which had tons of fiberglass center consoles that would work. They were priced from $20,000-$50,000. Everything from Bayliners to Boston Whalers. Prices were ridiculously marked down with everyone looking to clear stock. Not sure if an aluminum rig is going to fit what you are looking for but there are plenty of fiberglass boats out there priced nicely. I was surprised at what you could get for your $$$.

Pics of the jump seats on the website show the seat bottoms mounted on hinges - is that only for ease of mounting the bases? Strange there couldn't be a cutout under them for even shallow "glove box" storage items.
    Bet a person could mount a recessed tray in the lid of that large bow storage area - be worth ordering an extra lid just to cut it out for the tray. lol.

11. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Pics of the jump seats on the website show the seat bottoms mounted on hinges - is that only for ease of mounting the bases? Strange there couldn't be a cutout under them for even shallow "glove box" storage items.
    Bet a person could mount a recessed tray in the lid of that large bow storage area - be worth ordering an extra lid just to cut it out for the tray. lol.
    The jump seats mounts are hinges on the front lip and screws on the back lip. if you remove the rearward screws the seat will flip up. but it is mounted on a aluminum deck.
    the area under the deck is part of the upright and level flotation. i would not recommend you alter this as it has been engineered to exacting standards.

i would not recommend you alter this as it has been engineered to exacting standards.
    Oh don't worry, I won't be altering anything on a Vexus (or any new boat for that matter) until I win the lottery first! lol

My comment was more observational - like if the factory could have made shallow storage there. Regardless, refreshing to see jump seats on a center console.

13. Member
    I was hoping for a CC bassboat, not a CC coastal/flats boat.

14. bayousmallie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffprocraft190 View Post
    I was hoping for a CC bassboat, not a CC coastal/flats boat.
    It should do just fine using it to bass fish. I will be doing both when my boat is delivered in the next few weeks.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    It should do just fine using it to bass fish. I will be doing both when my boat is delivered in the next few weeks.
    Post pics of your new rig, and keep us updated on its performance. I am looking seriously at the CC rig myself.

16. bayousmallie
    Well will do when it comes in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12