Thread: Active Trim

Banned

Active Trim

75 4-stroke 2b490902

curious as to what all has to be done to connect active trim 8m111546? The advertisement from Mercury is vague and says additional parts may be beceaaary.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Requires an active trim kit (and Smartcraft Network) to install. See Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of the Forum) if you would like explore Smartrcraft and Active-Trim Options.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Requires an active trim kit (and Smartcraft Network) to install. See Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of the Forum) if you would like explore Smartrcraft and Active-Trim Options.
    Does the smart craft network already exist or is this something additional, like the smart craft gauge set-up?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Given that your boat is a Tracker, odds are high that it does NOT exist yet.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Banned
    Given that your boat is a Tracker, odds are high that it does NOT exist yet.
    Thanks. I’ll be researching. If I remember correctly, there’s different levels.

6. Banned
    Looks like it already has the trim sensor, which I thought it wouldn't, as the kit comes with one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The "kit" does not necessarily contain a trim sender. Not sure where you obtained that information, but these are some of the items considered when configuring and specifying the correct/needed components (one of the items you'll go over with Rhonda if you contact her).

8. Banned
    The "kit" does not necessarily contain a trim sender. Not sure where you obtained that information, but these are some of the items considered when configuring and specifying the correct/needed components (one of the items you'll go over with Rhonda if you contact her).
    From the installation instructions. Kit contains: 1 basic kit, 1 active trim harness, 1 digital to analog converter, 1 digital trim sender kit, 2 screws, 2 lock washers and 2 washers.

Mercury customer service says the system is stand alone, but requires a 14 pin smartcraft CAN harness (as you stated) with a junction box. Tracker customer service says they built my boat with a 14 pin smartcraft harness.

I'm going to have to open things up and take a look.