Anybody Fish the ABA Opens?

With the BFL price increase, I am looking at fishing something different next year. Does anybody here fish the ABA Opens at Ky lake? Do you have any major complaints? Looking at the results from this year, the boat count is pretty low compared to BFL, but that might change for next year.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    I’ve never fished them, but the only complaint I’ve ever heard about them is that they don’t text out the pairings. You have to be at the meetings in person every time.

They texted us our pairings last year for the two I fished at KY.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Joe4d
    That have to be at meeting day before is kinda wacked,,, especially as most people probably work. Even more wacked is u can pay extra to not be at the meetings.
    Seems even more screwed up.
    I mean u either have to be there for the trail to work, or being there isnt needed. Obviously it isnt needed if people can just pay not to be there.. Seems dumb and just wasting peoples time.
    Last edited by Joe4d; 10-06-2018 at 10:16 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    They texted us our pairings last year for the two I fished at KY.
    Looks like they’ve changed a bit for the better.

6. Banned
    They are texting now and you don't have to be at the meeting anymore if you pay a one time fee of $20 or $25 for the freedom pass. I have never fished them where you are from but here in NC it is a good alternative to the more expensive BFL's now. That what Im going to fish this year also since FLW went up again on the BFL entries.