Thread: Chickamuxen

Chickamuxen

I haven't been out in a month and taking adult daughter out Thursday for some fun. With the crappy water condtions for so long wonder if there is any viable grass left in the Chick. We may start there.

2. Member
    There is grass in Mattawoman. Sunday found some areas where it was starting to die and saw some bigger mats floating in the main river. I had to idle probably a mile between Leesylvania and Mattawoman Sunday, all in the middle. Shorelines were fine. Let us know how you do, water was 70.

3. Member
    A muddy, debris filled water. There are areas where you can run at speed then bam, there is jumk. I almost Tboned a 6' log with only a couple of inches above the water, but thank goodness saw it in time to miss it. The Chick is pretty much a goner. Large mats there on the left, but brown or yellow and muddy water. I tried everything to get a bite but nada. Several boats out on a beautiful day, but none in the Chick whole time I was in there. Went over to the old lady to hit the marina docks and Grinders and more really muddy water. The grass left at Grinders is also turning brown. I tried everything big, noisy and dark but nothing. Lures came back covered with dead grass. I should have gone up the creek... maybe a big mistake. A depressing day on an incoming tide all day.