Casting Rod blanks for throwing small crankbaits

I'm looking for a good casting rod blank for throwing small crankbaits, like bomber square "a", and 1.0 size. I prefer it to be 7' or less. Does rainshadow make a good blank for this? Or what, of any other blanks would be good? Thanks

I have 2 rainshadow crankbait rods, the revelation CB-7 & CB-76, the CB-7 is my go to small squarebill rod, it get lots of casting time.

3. Member
    Take a look at Rainshadows popping blanks. A medium light would serve you well.
    Also the MHX high mod popping blanks. These are my absolute favorite for jerkbaits. They have a faster tip section than the equivalent Rainshadow, but run a little lighter in power. So for your needs, I'd go with the medium power.
    I prefer popping blanks for treble baits over cranking blanks. They are a touch faster in nature, but still have a progressive nature throughout the blank. I also find that they are more responsive and lively.

4. Member
    I still use a Seeker BS706

5. Member
    I built a rod for throwing squarebills on a Rainshadow RX-7 (Revelation is the updated version) CB 66 MH. It's a medium heavy power 3/8 - 1 oz blank with a moderate fast action. Don't let the specs fool you though, it throws both size Square As, 1.0 Strike Kings, and the small Live Target bluegill crankbaits just fine, and I'm usually throwing those baits on 15# Big Game.