okoboji rally format

Just curious what will be the format of this "tournament" or is this just a fun fishing and getting together?

I was planning on bringing a partner but, they had a conflict. Do I need to get a partner?
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    Never been required to have a partner that I know of but Rudapa will be along shortly.

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Mostly a fun get together on water you don't fish that often, more bragging rights than money. You don't have to have a partner but you may pick one up at the rally if someone doesn't want to fish alone , totally up to you. We usually have some very good food and fellowship(B.S. sessions). It's a no pressure mini-vacation with fishing and friends. At least that's how I see it.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Looks like I will be fishing by myself. Question------ with so many guys fishing solo, Are we going by angler and not boat for the weigh in?

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    We are cleared for folks to fish alone. So that isn't an issue. Rallies are BBC get together's with food and drink sharing. The main goal is for BBC members to get to meet each other and the tournament is the vehicle that brings us together. Thursday evening grill, eat, drink. Friday evening meeting with paperwork and sponsor prizes and I assume more grilling and all. Saturday the tournament will go at the times determined by you all at the meeting. We'll have awards and a meal that is mostly paid for at Kazarelli's Saturday early evening. The T is 100% pay back minus cost of plaques and permit. Check the itinerary post pinned as well. Check the sponsors thread also. Reclending is covering the majority of the meal. BBG Marine and Powell Rods have provided nice prizes as have the other sponsors. We'll draw for these. The "Banner" also pictured in a link in this forum goes to the winner as well. Plaques for 1,2,3 BF, and trash fish. Does this answer the questions?

6. Member
    We fishing for 12 or 15 inch bass?
    John the Garage Doorman

15" is the minimum at Boji.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    15" is the minimum at Boji.
    not unless you identify 12 inch on permit which is exactly what my club did last weekend up there
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

I wasn't aware that you could do that. So, if you specify that for your tournament, you can keep them til weigh in and then a mandatory release?

10. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    I wasn't aware that you could do that. So, if you specify that for your tournament, you can keep them til weigh in and then a mandatory release?
    yes, new rule that Iowa started last year. Russ will be along shortly to verify that is on the permit and if not he is checking with DNR to see if it can be added. Hopefully not an issue cause fishing was pretty good last weekend including the 5.10oz i caught
    Last edited by Phoenix Jim; 10-05-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'll check with DNR today and make sure of the minimum for "our" tournament.

12. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    https://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr.../regs_fish.pdf

Check out "What's new for 2018" on page 2:

So we are going to go 12" length? I'm,game with that Poor mans will be doing something special for a give away. I keep you posted on that.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Yes 12" minimum is OK. We should probably try and catch bigger ones though!
    Last edited by rudapa; 10-05-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Yes, would love to catch all 15+ but, it seemed like more smaller fish this year. I'm just hoping this weather will turn around for the better. I dont like fishing in full winter gear...but who knows....maybe that will make the fishing better.

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    Yes, would love to catch all 15+ but, it seemed like more smaller fish this year. I'm just hoping this weather will turn around for the better. I dont like fishing in full winter gear...but who knows....maybe that will make the fishing better.
    It usually does get better there the colder it is. Was pretty good last weekend
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Hell 12" I can catch lol.
    Cheaper to keep a kid in tourney fishing than paying attorneys to keep them out of jail !!