antique mercury roadshow

My son bought me a 60 hp 4 stroke for my G3 1860 . It has an old [1978] Merc 85 hp 2 stroke on it. The motor was taken off an old bassboat I used for parts, the boat was junk. It had sit with water in the fuel, carbs and had had water in the #3 cylinder. I did some work on it, new stator, wiring repair, carb and fuel pump rebuild, water pump ect. It starts hard. I usually have to spray WD 40, ether, ect in it to get it started when its cold. Once you get it started it will fire right up all day. It still looks good, I had repainted it and put all new decals on it. The #3 cylinder is low on compression, but not totally dead, due to pits from water standing in the cylinder. It has power tilt that works good. Lower end is good, I have been running it 5 years this way, and would still keep running it if my son would not have bought me the 4 stroke, no way I could afford to replace it. There are lots of good parts on the engine, starter, ignition box, lower, power tilt, ect. The question at hand is what would it be worth to sell? I am thinking $400 to $500. Is that out of line? This thing runs good once you get it started, and starts right up if you spray it when its cold. I had made a vinyl hose and fit in the airbox so you dont have to remove anything to do it. It still pushes my 1800 lb boat 35 mph wide open. I will make clear to anyone what the condition is of the engine, any opinions appreciated. Not trying to sell it on here, its still on the boat, I will run it until the end of November, thats when I usually call it a year, the engine change is a winter project.I have all the controls and would go with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images