Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loading boat on trailer

I have a 1998 nitro savage 912 , the previous owner had the bow roller shaft cut off and added a 1\2 plate welded to bottom and u-bolted back on, how do I know if it is back in the right spot the boat is so hard to load it is a guess every time I take it out. Anyone have any ideas on what to do or what to try .

2. Member
    Can you post some pics? This will help guys on their advice.

Some more description on what you mean by "hard to load"
    My first suggestion would be to find someone with the same rig and do some measurements for your bow stop placement.

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Hard to load almost always means you are backing in too deep.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    pics won t show up
    Last edited by the bull; 10-04-2018 at 04:22 AM.

6. Member
    %5Burl=https://postimg.cc/BXqzZRVr%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://i.postimg.cc/BXqzZRVr/IMG_0697.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D
    Last edited by the bull; 10-03-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: For pics

7. Member
    Still can't get pics to come up my others sites work well

Alrighty, so my stock z8, when it is on the trailer on the jack ( not the truck) I loosen the bow strap and the boat will lift away from the roller an inch, what does yours do when you loosen the strap? 1.5 or less inches I'd say it's close enough, then I would second the idea that maybe you should try loading with the trailer a couple inches shallower.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Or are you wondering if the post is in the correct forward to backwards position, I'd google the heck out of images and or hunt down a duplicate boat and measure

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Alrighty, so my stock z8, when it is on the trailer on the jack ( not the truck) I loosen the bow strap and the boat will lift away from the roller an inch, what does yours do when you loosen the strap? 1.5 or less inches I'd say it's close enough, then I would second the idea that maybe you should try loading with the trailer a couple inches shallower.
    I would not advise anyone to crank down the bow eye.
    When loaded correctly the bow should naturally rest in the bow stop.. All that does is put undo stress on the hull and the bow eye.

Quote Originally Posted by the bull View Post
    Still can't get pics to come up my others sites work well
    Just a little help with posting pics:
    There are two problems, when posting pics taken with an iPhone, Orientation and size. The best way I found to solve the orientation problem is to take the picture with the “camera+” app. The pic will always post in the same orientation as seen through the view finder. Be sure to set the options to save the pictures to your camera roll.
    The “PhotoShrinker” app will resize single or multiple pics at one time. You will need to get the paid version but it is only a couple bucks and gives you all the features you need.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Put the boat on the trailer, tap the throttle, winch till there is slight pressure, pull out, loosen strap bow is resting on roller, retighten for the drive, go home unhook from truck, loosen bow to allow metal and glass to expand contract at different rates, 50* swings here at this time on the jack there bow will float up an inch, no biggie, totally normal as I'm 99.9% sure they build the trailer to use the boat as a piece of structural support. Just like a motorcycle uses the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Put the boat on the trailer, tap the throttle, winch till there is slight pressure, pull out, loosen strap bow is resting on roller, retighten for the drive, go home unhook from truck, loosen bow to allow metal and glass to expand contract at different rates, 50* swings here at this time on the jack there bow will float up an inch, no biggie, totally normal as I'm 99.9% sure they build the trailer to use the boat as a piece of structural support. Just like a motorcycle uses the engine
    It's your baby.. Do as you wish. I want mine cradled not stressed.
    Allison had issues with this because they sent an empty boat to the trailer maker. After adding the motor and rigging the boats had to be winched down to the bow stop.
    I don't think you can hurt one of these hulls, however more than one bow hook or bow eye was broken before they figured out why. I had a 2000 model with this issue, after talking to them they told me how it should set on trailer.
    Your right about it being a PART of the structural support as evidenced by watching an empty trailer being pulled. It will do just as good a job of this with out stress points.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 10-08-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I'm saying with one pointed finger I can push the hull down to the roller or winch it with 1 finger. This is not an issue in my mind, it was suggested to try and expand the OP's thoughts on his predicament

15. Member
    Still having trouble have looked and ask about my model type still nothing finally got a hold of the guy who owned the boat the wench post had a crack in it so he had a 1\2 thick piece of metal added to and u bolted down . He said the week he had it fixed the motor blew so I'm thinking this may be my problem ! Anyone have connections with nitro trailer manufacturer that would know the correct position the boat sets at please help ?

16. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    You’ve never told anybody what you mean by “hard to load”, so nobody can really give you an answer.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    You’ve never told anybody what you mean by “hard to load”, so nobody can really give you an answer.
    X2 ^^
    People want help, but can't be bothered to answer questions in their own thread.

18. Member
    A Picture is Worth 1000 words.

19. Member
    There is no happy med either too high or too low on the bow roller or not close enough we have had it in too far or out too much let trailer in inch by inch still not right and you won't crank it up on the bunks because of weight so what else do you need to know if pics would load up i would have every angle for yo to see ?

20. Banned
    Where is the boat sitting on the bunks when the bow is touching the roller?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast