Fishing Douglas Lake

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Never been on the lake before and have no idea what to look for or where to start. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Yes any reports would be great. I am thinking of going to Douglas or Cherokee on Friday. I seem to consistently struggle on both lakes.

3. Member
    I would suggest top water and spinnerbait
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

4. Member
    My wife and I had had a ball this past weekend on douglas.But only for the first 2 hours of daylight.Be on the water very early.We fished swans boat dock area at the bridges.Fish the whole area.There were baitfish everywhere.Big spooks and devils horse was the baits.75 degree water temp.When the sun got up slowed down big time.You can still catch a few up in the day on deep diving crankbaits and Carolina rigs.Looks like its going to be warm the rest of the week so I would say early morning will still be the best bite unless you night fish.good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Seems like most of the top winners of the Big Bass Tour that was just there was fishing upper end of the lake (Swanns Bridge/Marina and up) more towards the river end as the same way DeFoe won the Bassmaster Open uo there. Douglas is tough but stay at it and you should be able to catch a few! Rocks also seem to be key! Any bluff walls can hold a decent fish as well.

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

6. Member
    I will agree with Tyler if you want to catch fish on Douglas right now your best bet would be to head up lake. I have friends practicing for a good size tournament this weekend up there and they are all complaining about it being tough. One of them is one of the best fisherman you will find on Douglas.
    Allen

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 4-Stroke Pro XS 250

Rebel Bass Club

http://rebelbass.webstarts.com/

Gone Fishing