Striker plus and Active Captain

My plan was to get 2 non Plus 93sv units but it's looking like everyone is sold out. I got a quote from BBG on the 93sv Plus and the Striker Plus 9sv. In order for me to get 2 units it looks like the Striker 9sv is the only option, but I lose mapping which sucks.

The biggest lake I fish is 400 acres so Quickdraw could give me maps in a reasonable amount of time. I haven't read up too much on Active Captain but I thought I did read I can look at the maps on Active Captain mark waypoints then transfer them to a Plus unit including Striker. Is this true? If it is that would eliminate a bunch of water and making quick order of using Quickdraw to get me maps and better maps than what are on the Echomap units (yes I've checked to see if my lakes are on there, all but 2 are).

Am I right in my thinking of what Active Captain does? Also can I link 2 Striker units together to share waypoints? One more question. Taking into account I'm going slow when using Quickdraw could I put my TM in the water and use Quickdraw on both units so I could kill 2 birds with one stone?

Thanks for all the help! I'm open to other suggestions as well. My budget is around $1300.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If you downloaded AC to your phone or tablet at this point there are not contours on the map, just shore outline. You can download QD contours (areas) and those will show up on the map. I THINK you can buy or use the free download to display the Lake Vu maps but you need to verify that.

Yes you can mark waypoints on AC and transfer them to your Plus unit via WiFi but of course you would need the map or QD contours to know where you are marking wp's.

Verify this but i dont think you can link the Striker units together.

Id say as long as you dont have stumps or things that can break your trolling motor then why not do it that way. I've done it with mine. In fact i do it with both but the console will stay recording all day where as the TM does not when i'm moving spots. BUT i have the EC+ units and can copy the QD files over to the other unit so that way they have the same maps at all times.

With your budget, Check with Brian @ BBG Marine and see what prices he has, you might be surprised.....

http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=1064
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply and info. I talked with Brian via e-mail a few weeks back and he gave me a quote on both the Echomap plus and the Striker Plus units, which is how I came to the conclusion that Striker is the route I'm going to have to go.

The Striker Plus units will share wpts via High Speed Protocol (blue/brown wires on PWR cables).
    Garmin Pro Team