Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For any MLB fans

Yelich clearly has NL MVP locked up and I think Mookie has AL but what about the big picture. Who is winning it all?

I got the Red Sox as World Series Champs!!!

Its not likely but the Brewers got something special going on and if they can keep that mojo rolling, well, watch out!
    Last edited by basshole51; 10-02-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

I’m pulling for the Braves but I bet their post season inexperience will hurt them.

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    The Brewers are on a major roll. Post season is all about who gets hot. I pick the Brewers.

Dale Sinclair original

May sound crazy , but I'm saying Braves and Astros for the Series , and going with the Astros to repeat

6. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I’m pulling for the Braves but I bet their post season inexperience will hurt them.
    Same here. My money is on Boston this year though

7. Member
    Yankee fan here but Boston will be extremely tough for any team to beat.

8. Member
    Tribe vs Cubs Part II
    Tribe wins first WS in 70 years

9. Member
    Sox or Astros are the cream of the crop. Braves for the longshot.

10. Member
    Whoever wins the ALCS. Anything can happen in a 7 game series but the AL has been the better league this year.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Red Sox had a historic year. But in the playoffs starting pitching and defense usually win out. Boston isn't particularly great at either of those categories especially with Sale banged up. After him in the rotation there isn't really much. Porcello is alright. Plus BOS's pen is iffy even with a good Kimbrel. I'd take Cleveland over them in a 5 or 7 game set with Cleveland IMO better all around on defense, equal offense and light years better with Kluber, Carrasco and Bauer at their 3 man rotation. Astros are also carrying 3 beast starters in Cole, Verlander and Morton/Kuechel. Astros have arguably the best defense and offense in the league. I would take either HOU or CLE over BOS.

Like others have said MIL is on fire. If they are ahead after the 5th inning its nearly over with Hader, Knebel and Jeffress taking the game over at that point. They have a 2015 Royals feel to them with the triple headed pen monsters, solid D, some speed and more power. Also very deep bench. Also have Cain and Moose off that 2015 WSC Royals squad for experience.

All that said:

I'll say CLE vs MIL in the World Series. I'll then take Cleveland.

Me and a buddy have tickets to the Braves/Dodgers games 3 & 4 in Atlanta. I'm hoping the Braves can make it to the WS but I don't see anyone beating the Red Sox.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    brewers and astros in WS ---Astros repeat
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Attached Images Attached Images
    Every day work-every day pray. I won't back up, I don't back down, I've been raised up to stand my ground. Shotgun toter, republican voter.
    GOD
    One Nation

15. Member
    Red Sox were 66-17 vs. sub .500 teams. In fact, they were 31-7 against the O's and the Jays combined. Against the rest of the field they were 42-37. 10-9 vs. the Yankees. AL West was much more competitive. I'll take the Astros in the AL. As for the NL, it's a push. No one dominant bullpen. Even Hader has been getting touched up. I would say the Brewers, but I can't...

Well since my favorite Cardinals choked the last month and fell out of it Im going to pull for the Astros.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

17. Member
    I'm pulling for the Braves but their bullpen is not very dependable and you have to have pitching to win the world series. If they will shore that up and find a more productive hitting catcher they will be tough to beat in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    brewers and astros in WS ---Astros repeat
    Go 'Stros!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    Like others have said MIL is on fire. If they are ahead after the 5th inning its nearly over with Hader, Knebel and Jeffress taking the game over at that point. They have a 2015 Royals feel to them with the triple headed pen monsters, solid D, some speed and more power. Also very deep bench. Also have Cain and Moose off that 2015 WSC Royals squad for experience.
    Brewers for that reason
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Red Sox fan here, But, last year while my son was at Wounded Warriors Bn. Walter Reed Hospital, Christian Yelich and other members of the Marlins visited and the way that Christian accommodated and spent time with the wounded, I will never forget and I will forever be a fan.....Go Brewers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast