Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I'm putting the rubrail on the Hell's Bay Waterman I have in my shop. It is a insurance job, took a piling, crushed 1/3 of hull core before punching through breaking the back 3rd all the way to the transom breaking it in 6 places. Anyway I promised the owner when He went to rig it out I would help. So when it rolls out I will be getting back on my Champ. Should be in the next 2 weeks. The new Livewell/Cooler is fabricated enough glass & Gelcoat but I don't want to start back until I can stay on it.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rojoguio View Post
    Chips I fix with West Systems syringes loaded with gelcoat. I cut gallon water jugs up to get the flat part. Cut a piece that has 3/4" larger than the chip all the way around. Use the green masking tape to tape over the plastic leaving the top or upper part open. I inject just enough gelcoat to fill the repair, then tape the plastic up flattening it over the repair and let it cure. Peel the plastic off and the water jug plastic won't stick but shape the repair to the hull. You will need to cut the tip of the syringe off just a little bit so it will suck up the gelcoat. Finish it up when you can.
    You should make a video of how you do this.!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    You should make a video of how you do this.!!
    Please do !

4. Member
    ROJO, Can you tell me how your loading your pics? I started my ranger restore but ive given up because I cant load my pictures correctly

5. Member
    I had trouble at first but use, Go Advanced Screen on your post first. That page has a button (insert image) for attaching images. I resize my images down since a 10-14" image will fill the computer screen well. Note return your curser back like your starting another line before attaching your picture so your pictures will show up under your text. I wish I had some progress to post on it.

If you don't mind rojoguio me bringing this thread back up as I keep going to it for reference for my project. I printed this but it's easier and bigger on the screen.

7. Member
    No Worries, I hope to be back on it soon, doing the VL100 to get it where I can flip over.

Im curious if you have the same issue with the rear seat pedestal draining into the livewell as mine dose? If so, how to you plan to address that?
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran

I'm pretty sure the rear pedestal mount drains into the livewells on my Ranger. It's never been an issue because when I have the boat sitting when not in use, I have the rear seat in place. I can't see why water going into the livewell would be a concern but you could use a plug in the base when the seat is out. For years I haven't used my pedestal seats while fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    I'm pretty sure the rear pedestal mount drains into the livewells on my Ranger. It's never been an issue because when I have the boat sitting when not in use, I have the rear seat in place. I can't see why water going into the livewell would be a concern but you could use a plug in the base when the seat is out. For years I haven't used my pedestal seats while fishing.
    I'm not entirely certain it really matters in the grand scheme of things, just noticed it on mine and was like well, that's a trip. So anything that gets in there ends up in the livewell.
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran

I'm more worried about my front one as it pretty much drains into my front compartment where I keep my vests and rain gear. I always say I'm going to get a deck plug for it but haven't yet in the 20+ years I've owned her.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrodbender View Post
    I'm more worried about my front one as it pretty much drains into my front compartment where I keep my vests and rain gear. I always say I'm going to get a deck plug for it but haven't yet in the 20+ years I've owned her.
    I've heard some people pull the pedestal base and affix a drain tube and run it back to the bilge compartment
    US Navy veteran

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123