Andy and I went to Bull Shoals on 9-20

I was visiting with Andy a few nights ago on the phone when we realized we hadn't been fishing together at all this year. We immediately planned a trip for the next time we both had a day off at the same time. That day happened on Thursday 9-20. I met Andy at his place at 5am. We were on the road by 5:15. When we launched at Beaver Creek at 6:30 it was about 70* and the water temp was about 82*. I caught a little smallie on my third cast on a spook. Then we fished for about 3 hours without a bite. We couldn't believe it....We stayed on the shady side too long. By the time we made our move to do something different it was starting to get bright and hot. We pulled up on a completely different looking bank and there was bait fish everywhere with bass blowing up on them every now and then. We started picking up some fish right away. We caught them on our spooks and on a plastic worm. We found a spot where the cold water from Taney was mixing with the hot. The fish were darting in and out of the pockets taking bait that was trying to avoid the cold water. After my buddy Andy figured out what was going on it was pretty easy to stay on them. It was an awesome day.

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 10-01-2018 at 11:39 PM.

2. Member
    Thanks for posting !!!